(Mockup) Windows 10 IT'S BEAUTIFUL!

Looks like someone installed a Theme.

Must be a mockup. 

We will see.

I don't care the mockups/screenshots... 

I wait until the event... then see what they have added so far and when to release.

I do have to admit it doesn't look too touch friendly, no? Aren't the menu subpages too small to tap? Then again, there is continuum, I guess.

Looks good and actually looks legit. There's nothing there that isn't actually in Windows 10. All the icons look legit.

I do have to admit it doesn't look too touch friendly, no? Aren't the menu subpages too small to tap? Then again, there is continuum, I guess.

Windows 10's GUI is going to scale. Elements should expand and contract depending on input.

Those icons and the search bar ... meh. Surely not legit.

According to some, the Search bar is enabled by default in the upcoming Jan. 21st preview.

I think it looks quite nice. Clean and minimalist... would be nice to see Explorer and the start menu. Well, 4 more days until we see.

Those icons and the search bar ... meh. Surely not legit.

What's wrong with the taskbar? Looks pretty much like the one in Build 9901. The only new icon is the Settings app, but I don't see how you'd know it's fake.

What's wrong with the taskbar? Looks pretty much like the one in Build 9901. The only new icon is the Settings app, but I don't see how you'd know it's fake.

I agree. None of the icons are fake, scaling is just at the smallest setting. Lately, MS has been doing that in legit screens. Don't know if it's cuz they're on Surface's or what. I don't know if it's legit, but nothing stands out as being fake. It's the well organized consolidated settings Window with excellent spacing that must be throwing people off, lol. I'll have to check some legit screens and examine the mic icon in the search bar.

I agree. None of the icons are fake, scaling is just at the smallest setting. Lately, MS has been doing that in legit screens. Don't know if it's cuz they're on Surface's or what. I don't know if it's legit, but nothing stands out as being fake. It's the well organized consolidated settings Window with excellent spacing that must be throwing people off, lol. I'll have to check some legit screens and examine the mic icon in the search bar.

Not at the smallest - the taskbar icons are now 24x24, in some shots I've seen.

I think it looks great. I don't have the know-how to say definitively if it looks legit or not. If it's a theme, I'd be interested in running that theme.

As for the search bar, why does it have to be a bar? Hover over the search icon and let the bar slide out just a little, and expand as you type. No need to take up 2-3" of the taskbar all the time. That's sloppy. Unless, of course, you're gonna make it up to the user and put a second bar on top, like some Linux distros have. I'd actually be okay with this, though I'd like it to be configurable.

Let me go out on a limb and say that Metro is not, in and of itself, bad, per se... There is room for improvement. Maybe it needs a total rewrite, but maybe not. My biggest problem is that Metro assumes I'm using a tablet and touching the screen rather than sitting at a desk with a non-touch monitor and using a mouse. Windows 8 didn't care. There's potential, but it's gotta scale.

Speaking of scaling, if only Microsoft could use Kinect technology to tell how close you are to the screen and scale accordingly. I'd love to move to my couch or recliner and have screen elements grow to meet my more distant eyes, and then move back to my desk and have everything shrink again. Maybe it's just a pipe dream, and I'm sure it'll never be a feature of mainstream Windows, but it sure would be nice.