what is the wierdest restaurant experience you've ever had

I'm curious and I'd love to know! If you got vids or pics that would be extra points!!

Mine is this one waitress at ryan's hitting on me hard hehehehe. she was uber nice and was hitting on me. I was just 16 tho~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another one was an applebee's waitress just going "goood!" "Ok!" "good" "ok" over and over but her vibes were like she was hitting on me and winking and stuff: approaxamate occurance: 1 yr ago.

another one was this one toddler that at shoney's this waitress was so tired and a toddler screamed bloody murder so freaking hard and the waitress was rolling her eyes so hard and just plopped down on a booth next to ours and was like "OMG why me!?"

hehehe

This isn't weird, just random:

We had gone out for a works Christmas meal, on the table next to us was Richard Thorp who played Alan Turner in the UK soap Emmerdale. He was there by himself so we asked him if we wanted to join us. He said he would after his meal for a drink, which he did.

Richard was a really nice guy who had just finished a few weeks worth of filming, he was staying over at the hotel, then going back to his home in Wales the next day. My Mum is really in to soap's so I had watched Emmerdale a lot when i was younger, it was pretty random to end up sat next to someone out of Emmerdale years later in a restaurant!

famous daves

my wife, sister-in-law and her husband.

a lovely couple were already sitting behind us

we sat down

we ordered

we were served

we given our ticket

all before the staff realized they hadn't even taken the order of that lovely couple behind seated behind us.

famous daves

my wife, sister-in-law and her husband.

a lovely couple were already sitting behind us

we sat down

we ordered

we were served

we given our ticket

all before the staff realized they hadn't even taken the order of that lovely couple behind seated behind us.

I had almost the same experience.  There was a table seated beside us.  We sat down, ordered our drinks.  Our drinks come, order food.  The table beside us still has nothing, so they stop the waitress and she takes their drink order.  Our appetizer comes out, we finish it.  Then the table beside us gets their drinks, and order their food.    Ours come out, we eat, we pay, we sit for like 15mins and the table beside us still doesn't have their food.  We were there for over an hour from start to finish. I don't know how long the people beside us were there.

We sat down at our fav restaurant and at the table next to us were a couple, who at first glance were normal, but when we looked again we noticed that the lady had three bears which she had on the table. She kept rearranging the bears as they ate their dinner and even had conversations with the stuffed animals & seemed to be feeding them. We couldn't help staring at what was going on! Very strange!!

weirdest think i can remember of top of my hand.

my friend owned a gourmet burger bar, where they grind their own meat and bake their own patties every morning fresh.  they also provided their homemade tomato sauce. 

anyway, this couple comes in, and demands to have Heinz ketchup with the burger.   

at the end, they ran to a nearest MacDonalds to bring Heinz ketchup to the fancy place, to eat with their medium rare bison truffle burger, baby kale and gooseberry salad and buttermilk onion rings.

took them 20 minutes, and the burger got cold, so they then complained the burger was not good.  

hell yeah it is not good!  don't ######ing run to macdonalds to get ketchup, while your $10 burger gets cold... idiots!

they should have just ate at McD. seemed like a better place for them.

ps. also the same place: they had individual rooms for washrooms, shared by guys and girls

(luxury decorated rooms, were very clean that smelled nice too - with a chair and table included, as well as normal washroom facilities)...    

i loved that restaurant, as i could hook up with girls there - without leaving the place. 

but this is totally Adult Only stories, so I will not share them :shifty:    good times though.     i pretty much lived there on weekends, as the place was full of friends, drinks, food and girls, all at the same place. 

live music, karaoke nights, and a rock venue above, where we went after closing.

i was there literary all weekend and every evening on weekdays. they even had a dish on the menu named after me.  and they gave me free booze after closing and unlimited credit account.

(i think at one point i owed them over $1000 bucks, and i could still come in and eat there, even though they had no way of knowing if i will ever pay that amount)

too bad they had to close. 

• Like 1

they gave me free booze after closing and unlimited credit account.

(i think at one point i owed them over $1000 bucks, and i could still come in and eat there, even though they had no way of knowing if i will ever pay that amount)

too bad they had to close.

I wonder why they went out of business... :shiftyninja:
  • Like 1

I wonder why they went out of business... :shiftyninja:

tumblr_lyflo39VNG1r094x1.png

:shiftyninja:

but yeah, the owners were huge party guys, and having their own business, and the power that commands, they used it to get laid and party.  

they did not save much.   so one month they did not meet the budget for rent (expensive downtown location), so they had to close.  it was awesome while it lasted.

on other hand i am glad that debauchery was over.  it was costing me my wallet and my health - all this partying till 5am every weekend. 

yet, i fondly remember the power of being on the inside of restaurant business.  all the hot waitresses.... thinking you are a big shot....  mmmmmm...  :blush::whistle:

My gf is a Londoner. Not long after we hooked up we went to the UK together.  She suggested we dine at Simpsons on the Strand.  She neglected to tell me about the British custom of tipping the carvers.  The carvers came to our table and cut me an excellent portion of prime rib, for which I thanked them warmly.  They lingered briefly and then moved on, but just before they left the senior carver gave me the most icy stare I've ever received.  My gf  explained my gaffe later and apologized for not informing me in advance.  I can still remember that stare!

• Like 2

My g/f and I went to a nice Mexican restaurant. As we were being seated, I asked if we could sit in a specific booth that had a nice window view. "Sure", the waitress responded. But then we (easily) heard her yelling at a co-worker later because "they wanted to sit next to the ####ing window, it's not my zone."

We left.

I also once saw a teenager get arrested at a Steak-n-Shake when the manager caught him stealing salt and pepper shakers, which I had once done when I was younger (but had not been caught.) The silly things that young men will do...

I also once saw a teenager get arrested at a Steak-n-Shake when the manager caught him stealing salt and pepper shakers, which I had once done when I was younger (but had not been caught.) The silly things that young men will do...

i like to take things from restaurants. however, i usually go there often first, so they know me by name. 

i always tip really good.    so if there is a glass or something else i like,  i ask the staff member that likes me, if i can just straight up take it with me when i leave.

usually they say yes :) and tell me they will look away.

if not, i try with another staff member another day or with owner directly. if they know i come there often and tip well, they don't care too much.

i have about 10 unique imported shotglasses/glasses, and some nice branded napkins and cutlery, that you cannot otherwise obtain in retail... :)   

technically, it is not theft, since i do in front of an employee, and with their blessing.   it just gets written off as broken or lost afterwards :shifty:

don't steal behind their backs... you just have to ask, if you are nice, they might give it to you.  you never know.

Some restaurant in northern Michigan near Harrisville. We were there for the Barbershop Quartet & Sweet Adelines festival.

This was the first time I experienced an allergic reaction to raw carrots (in cole slaw), which I had never reacted to previously. My face flushed, I started wheezing, then breathing became difficult and I went to the floor. If my wife hadn't used my EpiPen I wouldn't be typing this.

Cooked carrots are no problem - it destroys the troublesome protein.

I feel your pain.  My reaction to mushrooms is similar in that it's how cooked they are.  Includes all fungal foods such as quorn and truffle oil.

I get hot, my throat closes and I struggle to breathe - that's one end of the scale  The other end is the same except I expel from "both ends of the spectrum".

I feel I have to always specify that I don't want them anywhere near my food too, as so many places seem to put them in without mention.  And the response is always the same "Oh that's gotta be rare, never heard of that before".  No, it's pretty common, but I didn't ask for your diagnosis.

Back when I was in karate, a bunch of us - me, my cousin Michelle, her husband & kids, and a few others decided to grab a bite to eat after class one Friday night. We went to Hooters - Michelle wasn't thrilled but wasn't offering any suggestions.

We got there, and the waitress takes our drink orders. Cute, with the standard Hooters low-cut T-shirt. She then goes to the next table over, and spends a lot of time flirting with the guys there. After 15 minutes she comes back to get our orders.

She takes my cousin's husband's order. Just his. Nobody else's order, from a table with 8 people. Granted, he ordered a huge platter of wings, but she should have made sure that it wasn't a group thing. Which it wasn't - he can easily finish off a huge plate of wings by himself.

The waitress then proceeds to go back to the other table to flirt some more. And then disappears entirely.

Quite a while later Michelle gets up and goes to the hostess station to complain. FINALLY the waitress comes back to take the orders for the rest of the table.

When it came time to pay the check, I wanted to leave no tip whatsoever, which is very unusual for me. I tip based on service, so if I don't want to give a cute waitress anything, that should tell you something!

I still haven't gone back to that particular place.

I was born and raised in California. We took a road trip up to Washington (the state, not the district), and on the way back, my mother's Honda's transmission died. We stayed in a nice beach-front town, Lincoln, Oregon, while the replacement parts were ordered. The first thing I noticed was that they had absolutely zero litter, or close to it. It was eerie. The second thing I noticed, was that some Oregonians hate Californians. One restaurant we ate in sat us but refused to serve us. And the staff gave us dirty looks as they passed by. No drinks, no nothing. It was just weird. A single mom with her two boys. I was about 11 or 12, my brother 8 or 9. We weren't loud or obnoxious or anything, but they wouldn't serve us, and reading the replies on page 1, I thought about that, but no, they were literally shunning us. So we got up and left. The next restaurant was happy to serve us, and we mentioned it, and they laughed and said some of the older people are set in their ways and have certain ideas about everyone from California. (I just tried to look on Google Maps

• Like 2