These Are The 25 Worst Passwords of 2014

These "it would take bla bla years for a desktop PC to crack your password" sites are total crap. They never bother to specify the components of that "PC", and even if they did, the numbers would still be coming out of somebody's ass.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

My worst (and password for Neowin et al): Your password would be cracked almost Instantly

COMMON PASSWORD: IN THE TOP 3600 MOST USED PASSWORDS

My new "common" password: It would take a desktop PC about 275 days to crack your password

My Strongest: It would take a desktop PC about 37 years to crack your password

Using that website mine would take 38 Quadrillion years to crack.

A nice way of secure but simple passwords is to use nonsensical phrases that are easy to remember, like honeybadgerboobmonkey or something like that, or jeremyclarksonhascurlyhair

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

My worst (and password for Neowin et al): Your password would be cracked almost Instantly

COMMON PASSWORD: IN THE TOP 3600 MOST USED PASSWORDS

My new "common" password: It would take a desktop PC about 275 days to crack your password

My Strongest: It would take a desktop PC about 37 years to crack your password

its a good job the NSA/GCHQ do not use "desktop computers" to crack passwords then.

So apparently no one is listening because year after year people still keep using dumb-ass passwords. shaking-head-sad-smiley-emoticon.gif

Just the usual "so called" experts who think everyone should be using triple factor biometic authentication (that their companies is happy to sell you), and entering a userid/password with a 50 trillion possibly combinations to turn on a light switch, the the users couldn't give a rats arse about entering a password, but has been forced to in order to proceed.

• Like 1

As much as I agree, what do you use to "remember" these random passwords? If I'm at work, and I need to log into my personal accounts, I won't have access to 1Password (or cellphone for that matter).

I'm quite curious if mine is.

Since moving to LastPass for password management I do not log into any sites like Neowin from work anymore, not that it matters, between being super busy and my phone don't bother with it on the work PC 

Since moving to LastPass for password management I do not log into any sites like Neowin from work anymore, not that it matters, between being super busy and my phone don't bother with it on the work PC

So I can log in via website to grab my info?