Going to get Married - 3.14.15@9:26

Well, my fiance and I are trying to make this year's Pi day our wedding date.

I said trying to make the date because she has decided to take on a part-time job as teaching nursing @ the local university - so we have to see how that can be worked out.

We have been together for a long time and I thought since this year was a special nerd day - we should get married on March 14th @ 9:26am  (3.14159265... the date& time is the first 8 digits of Pi)

She appreciates, and slightly shares the nerd in me - and thought that Vegas could accommodate the special time request (we want a small wedding)

We also wanted Stormtroopers at the wedding - so Vegas it has to be !

Well - just wanted to share this as I know there are a fair share of neowin nerds who would also see the "coolness" in getting married on a special date.

• Like 2

Well I'm in Las Vegas and there's like 3 or 4 wedding chapels within about 5 blocks of me here in the downtown area, come on down. ;)

Just for the record: I wanted to choose a particularly special date for my own wedding so I proposed in January 2005 and set the date as May 5th... worked out as 5-5-5 so, pretty easy to remember - better than some folks that waited another year another month and another day and took their vows on 6-6-6. :D

friday the 13th ____es!!! that's mine n it's awesome cuz I don't give a crap!!!!

Congrats on taking that step. However, I could never imagine getting married in Vegas. It has that stigma attached to it. But I understand every couple is different, and as long as "she's" happy, you're good to go.

P.S. Since you will only be a few hours from me in Vegas, you can borrow the Shelby while on the West Coast. Oops, I forgot you think Mustangs are for "Trailer Trash" people. Although I've never met someone with a $65000 car living in a double wide. ;-)

dude it would be cool to get married there and then see a cirque du solei show and have them do something special!!!

Congrats on taking that step. However, I could never imagine getting married in Vegas. It has that stigma attached to it. But I understand every couple is different, and as long as "she's" happy, you're good to go.

P.S. Since you will only be a few hours from me in Vegas, you can borrow the Shelby while on the West Coast. Oops, I forgot you think Mustangs are for "Trailer Trash" people. Although I've never met someone with a $65000 car living in a double wide. ;-)

LOL - Shelby Mustangs dont count in the trailer park Ferrari - you're right - not too many cars of that price in a double wide - but as for regular mustangs - all over the trailer parks.

See ?  (Google 1st result)

post-508501-0-09163500-1421836000.jpg

If you let us borrow the Shelby for a few hours - I promise I will return it in one piece....cant say the tires will be though ;)

Well - the Vegas thing was only because we joked about how funny/cool it would be to have Stormtroopers and I cant think of another place where it would be relatively easy to pull off.

This is us playing with our "kid" in the back yard:

post-508501-0-31214600-1421835679.jpg

There are better pics, but I found this one fast.

You all look very happy and that's all that matters. In today's society, it's always nice to see two people come together and become one. The tough part is making it last, but it is doable. Love the backyard by the way!

Getting married is all about celebration and happiness. If that date pleases you two, then go for it. My partner and I are getting married later this year on a date that is significant to us, and we are extremely happy about that.

TPB FTW

The Pirate Bay For The Win ??   OK

Getting married is all about celebration and happiness. If that date pleases you two, then go for it. My partner and I are getting married later this year on a date that is significant to us, and we are extremely happy about that.

Uhhh - not sure about it "pleasing us" - but its quirky and funny - Obviously we are going into this with a lot of humor and one of the reasons we are doing it now because her mother is "traditional"

When I say "traditional" I really mean she doesnt believe in dinosaurs because they arent in the bible.... so it goes without saying there wont be any intellectual conversations at the in-laws...

So marriage is a religious thing - and of course I think that is funny so we are having fun with it.  We have been together a long time, and are happy - this is really just a piece of paper....with a cool date !

The Pirate Bay For The Win ??   OK

Uhhh - not sure about it "pleasing us" - but its quirky and funny - Obviously we are going into this with a lot of humor and one of the reasons we are doing it now because her mother is "traditional"

When I say "traditional" I really mean she doesnt believe in dinosaurs because they arent in the bible.... so it goes without saying there wont be any intellectual conversations at the in-laws...

So marriage is a religious thing - and of course I think that is funny so we are having fun with it.  We have been together a long time, and are happy - this is really just a piece of paper....with a cool date !

Congrats.  Despite our difference of things of the world... Marriage is a beautiful thing...

Yes there were dinosaurs on this planet... But that's  a different story for a different day...

You all look very happy and that's all that matters. In today's society, it's always nice to see two people come together and become one. The tough part is making it last, but it is doable. Love the backyard by the way!

Thanks - to be honest - that is actually my parents' back yard.  I couldnt afford the land over there, much less 3 acres of it..

What is cool is they back up to a horse ranch and they come to the fence all the time since I bring them apples whenever I am visiting. 

We have to hold the dog back because she wants to mess with the horses and it wouldnt be anything for one of them to get ######/spooked and step on her... then I have to shoot the horse... then the owners will want to shoot me and thats not good since he owns a lot of Denton County..LOL