Main Mobile Operating System - 2015

Mobile OS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which will be your main mobile OS for 2015?

• iOS <= 7
    • iOS 8
    • Android <= 4.4
    • Android 5.0
    • Windows Phone <= 8
    • Windows Phone 8.1
    • BlackBerry <10
    • BlackBerry 10
    • Firefox OS
    • Sailfish OS
    • Tizen
    • Ubuntu Touch OS
    • Symbian
    • webOS
    • Other

Little shocked that this topic doesn't exist yet..

Just wondering what everyone here will be using for 2015.

I just picked up a BlackBerry Z10, loving it so far. Was using Android (4.4) last year. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. Wish I could merge them both into one OS haha But this year I'll most likely be sticking to the Z10.

Running a Lumia 730, and since I'm going to receive Windows Phone 10, in 2015 I'll be running Windows Phone 10.

You should edit the pool and remove versions, it will become a mess.

Anyway, I'm a WP user since the beggining, used Android in 2014 from August to December and it was a terrible experience. I don't want a PC wannabe in my pocket, I want a fluid, smooth OS. And what WP now offers out of the box is fantastic when compared to Android)

Talk what you want about Windows Phone, it's the best for me and it has some fantastic apps, like Readit. There's no better reddit app in any other platform, period.

Had such great expectations for BB OS 10, but run a few customizations on Android and you have the same experience (which is poor, in my opinion).

It's going to be iOS 8 till September. Once iOS 9 releases, then it will dominate as Apple forces everyone to update.

Android 5.0 will see slower adoption rates for the whole 2015.

WP8/10 will lag further behind as top of the line hardware has not been announced for it.

Running a Lumia 730, and since I'm going to receive Windows Phone 10, in 2015 I'll be running Windows Phone 10.

You should edit the pool and remove versions, it will become a mess.

Anyway, I'm a WP user since the beggining, used Android in 2014 from August to December and it was a terrible experience. I don't want a PC wannabe in my pocket, I want a fluid, smooth OS. And what WP now offers out of the box is fantastic when compared to Android)

Talk what you want about Windows Phone, it's the best for me and it has some fantastic apps, like Readit. There's no better reddit app in any other platform, period.

Had such great expectations for BB OS 10, but run a few customizations on Android and you have the same experience (which is poor, in my opinion).

I am also a first day Windows Phone users (Samsung Omnia 7, now Lumia 920 and looking to upgrade when W10 is released).

I agree on the smooth and fluid part, as long as you're talking about the core hubs and the OS in general but I find 3rd party apps performance to be REALLY lackluster.

No desire to change, I run two phones (home & work), one's staying Android, one's staying Windows, both have been excellent for my needs.Tablets are also a mix of Android and Windows, although eventually going to phase the Androids out, personally don't have much need for them anymore.

I'd like to trial a WP but cant commit to one because off apps I use. But I'd like to know what the user experience is like. Otherwise I will stick to iOS 8. Android is just not smooth enough for my everyday device for my liking.

Sticking with iPhone this year. Not sure I will keep the iPhone 6 - will probably sell it and get the 6S+. At least these phones retain their value really well, so probably won't lose very much anyways. I also have a Nexus 5 on Lollipop, as a backup phone.