I'm not a hardcore fighter fan, but isn't Tekken a more technical fighter, whereas MK is more arcade-ish?

Isn't it like comparing flight simulator and ace combat?

No, I believe you are thinking of Virtua Fighter.  Tekken can be very masher-friendly, moreso than most fighting games.

MK9 story mode maybe better than other fighters. But MK9 net code was trash and nether realm  patched the game to death. Tekken is also more popular world wide and tekken tag 2 is still played at tournaments while mk9 is a dead game.

But yes MK9 was one of the best selling fighting games, because it does cater to the casual players. 

Net code was trash until Injustice, and Injustice took over tournaments from MK9 probably due to this.

Curious; are you talking about the kombat pack characters?

Yeah. Day 1 DLC for completed content is a huge turn off for me. As much as I like the series, and as much as I'd like to play this, I also want to avoid it on principle. The base game does retail for full price...

Then they make Goro pre-order exclusive but you can buy him later as well...

Compared to titles like The Witcher 3 and DS2:Scholar, MKX is on the wrong side of flawless victory.

MK9 story mode maybe better than other fighters. But MK9 net code was trash and nether realm  patched the game to death. Tekken is also more popular world wide and tekken tag 2 is still played at tournaments while mk9 is a dead game.

Are you kidding me? The MK9 story was a ######ing joke. I wish Tekken Tag 2 had an actual story mode (other than the weird ending movies), but it's still the better game IMHO.

Are you kidding me? The MK9 story was a ######ing joke. I wish Tekken Tag 2 had an actual story mode (other than the weird ending movies), but it's still the better game IMHO.

The thing is these other fighting games rarely have a story mode. Just an intro and ending cinematic. 

Yeah. Day 1 DLC for completed content is a huge turn off for me. As much as I like the series, and as much as I'd like to play this, I also want to avoid it on principle. The base game does retail for full price...

Then they make Goro pre-order exclusive but you can buy him later as well...

Compared to titles like The Witcher 3 and DS2:Scholar, MKX is on the wrong side of flawless victory.

My understanding is that the Kombat Pack is seasonal, that they are in the middle of making those characters right now and they aren't done yet, which is why they haven't shown any gameplay yet.

Are you kidding me? The MK9 story was a ######ing joke.

...compared to what?  As stated, even the guys at Capcom were publicly jealous.

• Like 1

CChuPqfUkAALWvu.jpg:largeCChuPqfUkAALWvu.jpgWow that is pretty low.  Against the spirit of MK I think. Seriously. Paid DLC for characters, and now THIS???

2rn7mro.jpg

I laugh at the face of lazy buggers that spend money on that. HAHAHA

Am I the only one who thinks the game would be more fun to play without the X-Ray interruptions?

Especially when they occur in the middle of a match, doesn't make much sense.

CChuPqfUkAALWvu.jpg:largeCChuPqfUkAALWvu.jpgWow that is pretty low.  Against the spirit of MK I think. Seriously. Paid DLC for characters, and now THIS???

2rn7mro.jpg

I laugh at the face of lazy buggers that spend money on that. HAHAHA

Both of those things are unlockable in game as well. for free.

Am I the only one who thinks the game would be more fun to play without the X-Ray interruptions?

Especially when they occur in the middle of a match, doesn't make much sense.

yeah, i hated that mechanic since i first saw it.     while fun the first time you see them,  they are always the same, and they don't make sense (eg. person with a crashed skull still fighting) and interrupt the game flow. 

Both of those things are unlockable in game as well. for free.

So?   the fact that they sell this seems low. They expect to make money from NOTHING. 

this "downloadable content" still feels like the most shallow cash-in in recent memory

So?   the fact that they sell this seems low. They expect to make money from NOTHING. 

Isn't that the epitome of DLC? No one's forced to buy it. They can buy it out of their own free will and laziness. You don't have to pay for it. It doesn't affect you in any way. Companies are out to make money, that's the definition of capitalism.

• Like 1

No Cursing or Swear Words
We encourage you to use our communities as a forum to debate topics, but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We do not tolerate circumvention of our word filter or abuse upon another member. As stated above, we are a forum for all ages and expect posts to be family / work friendly.

Edited by Andrew
  • Like 2

No Cursing or Swear Words

We encourage you to use our communities as a forum to debate topics, but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We do not tolerate circumvention of our word filter or abuse upon another member. As stated above, we are a forum for all ages and expect posts to be family / work friendly.

thank  you.    exactly what i though!     no place in a AAA game!   sad and desperate.  embarrassing.

Isn't that the epitome of DLC? No one's forced to buy it. They can buy it out of their own free will and laziness. You don't have to pay for it. It doesn't affect you in any way. Companies are out to make money, that's the definition of capitalism.

treating the fans like crap.   seriously, $60 game, with $60 DLC if you want all that is available.

and still they add paid easy fatalities.    that boggles my mind, and it is a very bad trend!!!

just because you don't HAVE to get it, does not mean it is an option i think all AAA games should have.

DO YOU THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA wakjak?  do you realize where it will lead gaming world if this picks up in every AAA game???

no i don't think you do. imagine every expensive game that you pick up for $60+  will offer extra perks for $$$

yes you don't have to buy it, :rolleyes: but it is basically the same as the f2p games use. 

some poor addicts that comprise less then 10% of gamers, will pay for 90%+  of the money.

this is a drugdealers way to profit. it should not be approved on or encouraged.

Edited by Andrew

thank  you.    exactly what i though!     no place in a AAA game!   sad and desperate.  embarrassing.

treating the fans like crap.   seriously, $60 game, with $60 DLC if you want all that is available.

and still they add paid easy fatalities.    that boggles my mind, and it is a very bad trend!!!

just because you don't HAVE to get it, does not mean it is an option i think all AAA games should have.

DO YOU THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA wakjak?  do you realize where it will lead gaming world if this picks up in every AAA game???

no i don't think you do. imagine every expensive game that you pick up for $60+  will offer extra perks for $$$

yes you don't have to buy it, :rolleyes: but it is basically the same as the f2p games use. 

some poor addicts that comprise less then 10% of gamers, will pay for 90%+  of the money.

this is a drugdealers way to profit. it should not be approved on or encouraged.

Tinfoil hats work wonders.

Tinfoil hats work wonders.

for you, i am sure, if you don't see where this "trend" is leading the premium gaming market.       i can see all of it being ok on mobile gaming. but for a game that i just paid $60 for?

if you think it is OK, then there is no talking to you.  seriously, you bring up tinfoil argument over that?   HOW? 

man, some people seem to be gullible.  you call me "tinfoil hat" because i don't approve of more and more paid content added on already expensive paid games? :rolleyes:

are you working in the industry?  with your own agenda? 

i cannot see why you would support this, otherwise :angry:

if this crap continues in all AAA games, i will pirate games i would normally buy.      asshats.

Nah yeah I do not have any stake in the game so to speak, I am not a big fighting game player (I am renting this game through GameFly), and I absolutely agree, the DLC is ######, even if it can be unlocked by playing.

• Like 1

for you, i am sure, if you don't see where this "trend" is leading the premium gaming market.       i can see all of it being ok on mobile gaming. but for a game that i just paid $60 for?

if you think it is OK, then there is no talking to you.  seriously, you bring up tinfoil argument over that?   HOW? 

man, some people seem to be gullible.  you call me "tinfoil hat" because i don't approve of more and more paid content added on already expensive paid games? :rolleyes:

are you working in the industry?  with your own agenda? 

i cannot see why you would support this, otherwise :angry:

if this crap continues in all AAA games, i will pirate games i would normally buy.      asshats.

No, I don't support it. I don't buy DLC for games if I don't think it's worth it. And if people don't like it. They'll vote with their wallets and scream and holler on the internet and the company will be made to look like fools.

The Krypt is surprisingly enjoyable.

I've completed the tutorial, defeated a tower, collected all Kyrpt progress items, won at least 10 matches in single player, installed updates and restarted the app...

I still can't enter story mode... wtf...

I can enter all other modes.

I AM GENIUNLY IMPRESSED

seriously, the story mode, ACTUALLY tell a story.

i forgive them for all the stupid DLCs

this is the most fun i have had in mortal kombat since the MK2 showed up.

and yes, my MK strategies of fighing, that i developed ohh soooooo many years ago, still work. 

I am in MK heaven.

if you are even half a fan, get it now.

• Like 2

I watched the video with all of the fatalities. Some are pretty gory. The ones where the victim is slowly pulled, pushed, shoved etc. into a blade are some of the worst.

Kung Lao's spinning hat one is pretty gruesome.

I have to say that I didn't recognise a lot of the names in the game. I haven't played an MK title for a long time, is this a largely new roster?

I have to say that I didn't recognise a lot of the names in the game. I haven't played an MK title for a long time, is this a largely new roster?

i only played the story mode.   so i have not even seen the character select screen yet, since i wanted to finish the story.

the characters are the same, but like 20 years older,  plus their kids fighting as well ;)    so any unfamiliar faces, are either kids or the character looking differenty without the mask and having aged.

i finished the story and i found it to be interesting (which is amazing for a fighting game)

I never heard of Kenshi, Takeda, Erron Black, Kotal Khan, D'Vorah, Kung Jin (I assume related to Kung Lao?), Quan Chi I think I recognise but can't be sure, & Ferra/Torr.

It's cool to see new faces, though. Even if they are just new to me  :laugh: