I never heard of Kenshi, Takeda, Erron Black, Kotal Khan, D'Vorah, Kung Jin (I assume related to Kung Lao?), Quan Chi I think I recognise but can't be sure, & Ferra/Torr.

It's cool to see new faces, though. Even if they are just new to me  :laugh:

Erron Black, D'Vorah, Ferra/Torr        i think this ones are totally new and the rest are known characters or thier sublings. 

it is set 25 years in the future. 

did you play Mortal Kombat (2011)?      i am playing this on the PC and the game looks AMAZING.  finally a  worthy game to kick the crap out of my xbox one controller.

I loved Mortal Kombat Komplete on PC (except the 360 controller SUCKS for it--need a proper D-pad or stick to play MK).

Looking forward to this one, but will probably just rent it for console. I'll buy the "Komplete" (or w/e) edition when it is ready...

Same here - I loved the vast collection of fighters in MK Trilogy and MK Armageddon.

Can't wait to try the "final fight" of MK where they'd bring in EVERY SINGLE fighter ever - both from Armageddon and post-Armageddon (like Cyber Sub-Zero, Skarlet, Tremor, etc).

My favorite fighter is Onaga the Dragon King.

I watched the video with all of the fatalities. Some are pretty gory. The ones where the victim is slowly pulled, pushed, shoved etc. into a blade are some of the worst.

Kung Lao's spinning hat one is pretty gruesome.

I have to say that I didn't recognise a lot of the names in the game. I haven't played an MK title for a long time, is this a largely new roster?

Yea most of the fatalities are over-the-top gory, I'm not a fan of them in this MK.

A few new characters, all the ones you mentioned in your other post are new or new-ish except for Quan Chi. Quan Chi has been in a few MK titles and even was the main bad guy in one of the MK movies.

I am surprised there hasn't been more mainstream news coverage (see moral outrage) of this game. 

I am surprised there hasn't been more mainstream news coverage (see moral outrage) of this game. 

It's 2015 for crying out loud. Nobody has any reason to complain about Mortal Kombat these days when there is much worse AND REAL violence going on in the world. They also had no reason to complain about the original. 

People today realize it's a freaking video game. Anyone who whines about it these days is forgotten about very quickly.

Mortal Kombat = Bad

Mario Bros (Two guys who ate "magic mushrooms" to "gain powers" and massacred animals left and right = Perfectly Fine

Yea most of the fatalities are over-the-top gory, I'm not a fan of them in this MK.

A few new characters, all the ones you mentioned in your other post are new or new-ish except for Quan Chi. Quan Chi has been in a few MK titles and even was the main bad guy in one of the MK movies.

he was even in the TV show

20110327204339!Adoni_Maropis_as_Quan_Chi

I was searching for whether or not it was banned in any countries and didn't find anything noted.

I'm desensitized but even I find it to be over-the-top gruesome in somewhat of a gimmicky manner.

The gameplay is actually really fun and the combat visuals at 60fps are amazing to watch.

However, I do wish the gore was toned down. It actually takes away from it imo.

It's 2015 for crying out loud. Nobody has any reason to complain about Mortal Kombat these days when there is much worse AND REAL violence going on in the world. They also had no reason to complain about the original. 

People today realize it's a freaking video game. Anyone who whines about it these days is forgotten about very quickly.

Mortal Kombat = Bad

Mario Bros (Two guys who ate "magic mushrooms" to "gain powers" and massacred animals left and right = Perfectly Fine

I can assure you people are still complaining about the violent content of video games in 2015, it just seems that the opponents of such games are wildly inconsistent about what they complain about and what they don't. It wasn't that long ago that GTA V found itself removed from many store shelves in my country after rambling complaints from the public.

Over-the-top gory? That has been - if anything - the ONE consistency across the franchise (in every iteration) - it works real hard to outdo the previous in goriness.

Oddly enough, this one brings a PLEASANT surprise for PC owners - 1080p is actually reachable by merely mortal PCs.

In fact, I invite a challenge - compare 1080p vs. 4k (both are on YouTube). Which is better - and why?

Titanfall proved that 1080p can be done on ordinary hardware in shooters - MK X proves it can be done in the beat-em-up - and without sacrificing anything.

And it's actually playable on Windows 10 (like most Steam games).

Over-the-top gory? That has been - if anything - the ONE consistency across the franchise (in every iteration) - it works real hard to outdo the previous in goriness.

Oddly enough, this one brings a PLEASANT surprise for PC owners - 1080p is actually reachable by merely mortal PCs.

In fact, I invite a challenge - compare 1080p vs. 4k (both are on YouTube). Which is better - and why?

Titanfall proved that 1080p can be done on ordinary hardware in shooters - MK X proves it can be done in the beat-em-up - and without sacrificing anything.

And it's actually playable on Windows 10 (like most Steam games).

Not really, it has had its ups and downs in gory-ness. But with this game I think they wanted to outdo all the other MK's.

Not sure where you are going with the 1080p talks though.. PC's have been able to hit 1080p since like 10 years ago and are now doing 4K

4K is a big improvement over 1080p, YouTube videos are highly compressed and lose some quality so when you compare real 4k media vs 1080p the differences will be even more dramatic. Also if you want to compare 1080p vs 4k video you'll also need a 4k monitor or tv. No point in trying to compare something that your monitor or tv cannot even do.

Titanfall was and is still a low-end game graphically for something that was released in the last year, it runs at only 791p on the Xbox One and 1080p on PC. MKX also isn't a graphical feat as fighting games have been able to do 1080p for a very long time even on the previous-gen console PS3. Crysis 3 on the other hand could be run at 4K back in 2013 if your PC was capable enough.

Not really, it has had its ups and downs in gory-ness. But with this game I think they wanted to outdo all the other MK's.

Not sure where you are going with the 1080p talks though.. PC's have been able to hit 1080p since like 10 years ago and are now doing 4K

4K is a big improvement over 1080p, YouTube videos are highly compressed and lose some quality so when you compare real 4k media vs 1080p the differences will be even more dramatic. Also if you want to compare 1080p vs 4k video you'll also need a 4k monitor or tv. No point in trying to compare something that your monitor or tv cannot even do.

Titanfall was and is still a low-end game graphically for something that was released in the last year, it runs at only 791p on the Xbox One and 1080p on PC. MKX also isn't a graphical feat as fighting games have been able to do 1080p for a very long time even on the previous-gen console PS3. Crysis 3 on the other hand could be run at 4K back in 2013 if your PC was capable enough.

1080p may have been achievable, but it took a lot of PC to get there until recently. (The need for a beastly PC is STILL there for 4K to a large extent - more so CPU than GPU, going by the comments on Neowin alone.)

And that was exactly my intent - I WANT those to compare 4k to 1080p - heads up. Is the different great enough - in terms of graphical quality - to justify the still-overlarge expense?)

And then there are upscaling technologies such as NVidia's DSR. Yes - they lower the bar of entry, but by how much?

Titanfall's difference (and that of MK X) is that 1080p doesn't require a two-ton tank of a PC (as all too many games pre-Titanfall - with the exception of Crysys 3 - DID require). And, in case you forgot, Crytek got dissed FOR those low (on the PC) requirements - it's like some "foodies" and high-end restaurants - if you have money left, the restaurant isn't really high-end.

1080p may have been achievable, but it took a lot of PC to get there until recently. (The need for a beastly PC is STILL there for 4K to a large extent - more so CPU than GPU, going by the comments on Neowin alone.)

And that was exactly my intent - I WANT those to compare 4k to 1080p - heads up. Is the different great enough - in terms of graphical quality - to justify the still-overlarge expense?)

And then there are upscaling technologies such as NVidia's DSR. Yes - they lower the bar of entry, but by how much?

Titanfall's difference (and that of MK X) is that 1080p doesn't require a two-ton tank of a PC (as all too many games pre-Titanfall - with the exception of Crysys 3 - DID require). And, in case you forgot, Crytek got dissed FOR those low (on the PC) requirements - it's like some "foodies" and high-end restaurants - if you have money left, the restaurant isn't really high-end.

Whether or not its justified is all just an opinion.  Some people want the best and thats all it takes to justify it.  Some people want best bang for the buck in which case the best graphics card out there is most likely not justified.

Whether or not its justified is all just an opinion.  Some people want the best and thats all it takes to justify it.  Some people want best bang for the buck in which case the best graphics card out there is most likely not justified.

Exactly.

I fall into the latter group - for the understandable reason that I simply don't even have enough SPACE - let alone enough money - to justify 4k.

Worse, all too often 4k vs. 1080p is NOT looked at objectively by users - and subjective opinions can't be argued.

I am, at least, trying to make an objective argument to at least compare them - using the reasoning that the comparer's own eyeballs make the best judge.

Lastly, regardless of content, 1080p is a lot more reachable than 4k - to have 1080p reachable in games folks actually want to play, and on PCs average folks can afford, is STILL a rather large deal.