How much power do I need for my rig?

I'd go for a 650 or 750. That's about the norm for these days. You aren't using Crossfire, so you should be safe.

Skiver, I just used that website you linked and filled in what I could (and understood ^.^ ) and it hit 426W. Since my PSU is 450 and assuming it is exactly 450 and hasn't degraded, that doesn't give much room for power spikes. Maybe a 600W ish PSU is what I need then..

Edit: Is there any type that you may recommend? Or more to the point, can I get any old PSU to fit or is there a specific slot I need to know about on my motherboard or something?

Thanks for your quick replies guys! :)

Regards,

The problem to me seems like you need additional fans to keep your system cool since as you mentioned in the first post that you do no have any additional fan other than you CPU fan might be causing you system to heat up when you're playing games.  Any PC need a good circulation of air even work pc will have at least an exhaust fan, this diagram might help you setup a good fan location.

computer-tower-cases-01.jpg

But if you add another fan then you might want to go the link that Skiver provided and check to see if you have enough wattage.

Thank you all for your feedback. Just got myself a new 630W ThermalTake PSU which should do the trick (plus a new keyboard :D ).

Neo, I doubt it is heat issues now. As said, back with my stock cooler yes that may not have helped, but now the average temp. across my pc at mid stress is 25 degrees. The zalman CNPS12x cpu cooler has a fan targeted and rotated at the exhaust vent which helps air flow throughout my system as well which admitedly I did not have before with just the stock.

Thanks again all, been a big help! :)