I never thought Windows 10 would make me buy an Xbox One !

But now I might seriously consider it. Streaming games and controlling the console from your pc - genius. I know PS4 does something similar if you have a Sony phone or Vita etc, but this is much much more important.

• Like 2

But now I might seriously consider it. Streaming games and controlling the console from your pc - genius. I know PS4 does something similar if you have a Sony phone or Vita etc, but this is much much more important.

Sony phone/tablet Vita or Playstation TV. On the Vita/PSTV it's limited to 720p though, so if this can do 1080p it's better.

I have no idea what you are talking about, care to explain? (seriously, I didnt watch the MS video).

You can play any Xbox 1 game on any Windows 10 device with no lag, and control the XB1 remotely.

Sony phone/tablet Vita or Playstation TV. On the Vita/PSTV it's limited to 720p though, so if this can do 1080p it's better.

Accessibility is more of a key point. (Hardware aside) the device just needs to be running Windows 10 from what we've been told so far- that's a big advantage.

I have a Z1 that won't be able stream from a PS4 unless I root & load a hacked / ported version of the app from a Z3. Device is just over a year old, worth

This is also just the start of things, Phil hinted at more news at GDC in March, I'm thinking they're bringing more Xbox first party games to Windows 10.  Don't forget that they're now allowing cross-platform play between Xbox One and PC. So I expect a number of games to come, with native Xbox Live support.

But in order to play XB1 Games on PC, I need to have an XBOX one to begin with? 

I think so. I have Xbox One and I am planning to install Windows 10 next week to test it out and see how it goes for myself.

But in order to play XB1 Games on PC, I need to have an XBOX one to begin with? 

I'm thinking in the not so distant future, the idea is to release PC and Xbox versions across the board.

I'm thinking in the not so distant future, the idea is to release PC and Xbox versions across the board.

eg a universal game independent of console or pc? Perhaps they are going to save that for the next version of windows. 

The game is streaming FROM your Xbox One, not over the live servers at MS. Now in the future maybe they'll do that, best for older games as they'd want to sell Xbox One consoles.

The game is streaming FROM your Xbox One, not over the live servers at MS. Now in the future maybe they'll do that, best for older games as they'd want to sell Xbox One consoles.

Yeah I guess being able to play on PC sorta defeats the purpose of having a console... but with this new announcements, its seems that is the direction they are heading. maybe xbox2 will allow you to install windows 11 :laugh:

I am guessing it will be easier to push vid/music from the PC to the X1 then as well.  Have not gotten through reading the updates yet.  Hope so.   Bought the X1 cuz of the games I like to play...but this would be most welcome.

• Like 1

eg a universal game independent of console or pc? Perhaps they are going to save that for the next version of windows. 

I'd imagine there will be distinct versions still. You could, for example, walk in to a store with a mate. One of you pick up the XB1 version and the other the PC version, go home and then play the game together from your different systems.

All speculation of course.

I am guessing it will be easier to push vid/music from the PC to the X1 then as well

I don;t have any problems with this now any way. Which method are you trying?

• Like 1

I don;t have any problems with this now any way. Which method are you trying?

Adding the device on my Windows system.  Just never had much luck on Windows 7.  Just looks like Win10 is more integrated and better suited.  So that is a plus.

LOL!!  I know what you mean. I had the same idea after the MS presentation.

I hope they pull it all off without too many glitches though.

Oh... and those Holodeck glasses look rad!