Fake? PS4 Slim images

Haha, I can't wait until the PS4 ends up with even more cramped internals, smaller plasticky fan a.la PS3 Super Slim, with another tacky sliding drive door to replace the slot loader! Sony are so predictable!

Roll on PS4 Super Slim following the PS4 Slim!

Haha, I can't wait until the PS4 ends up with even more cramped internals, smaller plasticky fan a.la PS3 Super Slim, with another tacky sliding drive door to replace the slot loader! Sony are so predictable!

You'd rather take unpredictable and have exciting unexpected results like the YLOD and RROD?

I think most of us will happily accept a predictable console size reduction. When the size goes down the chip sizes have shrunk. That's a good predictable in anyone's books.

The PS3 super slim is indeed cheap as, but nothing wrong with the psone, ps2 slim and ps3 slim revision 1.

must be fake, looks way to small. ps4 is 28nm, ps4 slim will be either 20nm, 16nm or 14nm. There's no way you can have such a side reduction moving the nanometer process by such a small amount, heatsinks couldn't be small enough to be this size unless they were using copper which would cost loads. 20nm has been cancelled for gpu's, not sure if either console will use 20nm at all, they might just move to 16nm/14nm as those should be ready in Q4. Maybe a ps4 slim by christmas but no sooner.

I don't think they'd go that route...yet.  The PS3 Super Slim came out late in the PS3 lifecycle so it was just a budget one for those few stragglers who were waiting for the price to go even lower.  It's too early and too competitive right now for Sony to do that but you know what?  I bet even if they DID do that if they released a smaller PS4 that had "with even more cramped internals, smaller plasticky fan a.la PS3 Super Slim, with another tacky sliding drive door to replace the slot loader" and that allowed them to sell it for $299 or less I bet it would sell a ton.  I'd be super happy I bought mine before it came to that but I have no doubt they'd sell a ton of them at that price.

I don't think they'd go that route...yet. The PS3 Super Slim came out late in the PS3 lifecycle so it was just a budget one for those few stragglers who were waiting for the price to go even lower. It's too early and too competitive right now for Sony to do that but you know what? I bet even if they DID do that if they released a smaller PS4 that had "with even more cramped internals, smaller plasticky fan a.la PS3 Super Slim, with another tacky sliding drive door to replace the slot loader" and that allowed them to sell it for $299 or less I bet it would sell a ton. I'd be super happy I bought mine before it came to that but I have no doubt they'd sell a ton of them at that price.

You could liken it to the 360E or that Wii revision that removed functionality near the end. Focused on being cheap.

Except it didn't remove functionality like those two, it was simply cheaply built - No widespread reports of failure though, even if cheap materials were used. The gaming experience was still the same.

compared to xbox one it is slim! Im still amazed how big the xbox one is. While i do enjoy my xbox one, can you get rid of the dam power pack.

I wish they had made the PS4 as big as the Xbox One, then maybe the PS4 wouldn't be so loud at times with that damn fan. If the go smaller, I can just see another YLOD epidemic. 

I wish they had made the PS4 as big as the Xbox One, then maybe the PS4 wouldn't be so loud at times with that damn fan. If the go smaller, I can just see another YLOD epidemic. 

Yeah the irony there is the YLOD happened on the biggest PS3...

True, as well as the slim though.

The YLOD just like RROD is an 'error code'. It can still exist in a system, but the mass of fat consoles that had soldering/motherboard issues compared to the slim is nowhere near on the same scale. Every piece of hardware can fail but for an epidemic you need masses of evidence that there is a design flaw, not random selection of a smaller % of consoles failing.

Even just search on ebay for YLOD or PS3 spares and repairs. The majority will be fat PS3s, just as the majority of 360s will be early revisions.

The YLOD just like RROD is an 'error code'. It can still exist in a system, but the mass of fat consoles that had soldering/motherboard issues compared to the slim is nowhere near on the same scale. Every piece of hardware can fail but for an epidemic you need masses of evidence that there is a design flaw, not random selection of a smaller % of consoles failing.

Even just search on ebay for YLOD or PS3 spares and repairs. The majority will be fat PS3s, just as the majority of 360s will be early revisions.

I know exactly how YLOD works, and which consoles it affects. My comment still stands. They should have made the PS4 larger with better fan and ventilation so it doesn't run so loud and hot. We have noted your opinion however.