Upgrade to 9926 failed

I'm on 9879 right now, went and did the update check in 'settings -> update' and it downloaded. Once it started installing and restarted, it took about 30min to go from 0-100% and then I saw 'Restoring your previous version of Windows', and some time later it booted back to 9879.

Is 9926 the build MS was going to release, or is there a newer one coming next week?

I'm on 9879 right now, went and did the update check in 'settings -> update' and it downloaded. Once it started installing and restarted, it took about 30min to go from 0-100% and then I saw 'Restoring your previous version of Windows', and some time later it booted back to 9879.

Is 9926 the build MS was going to release, or is there a newer one coming next week?

Install from ISO instead.

Not even from bios boot menu? Maybe the iso got corrupted.

I have KB3025380 installed, the upgrade still fails and rolls back. It is useless, and I can't do a clean install from ISO right now.

Not even from bios boot menu? Maybe the iso got corruptedI

I should've been clearer, I meant I don't want to do a fresh install now because I'd need to backup a bunch of apps and their configs and set them up again. I'll have time in a week or so.

I should've been clearer, I meant I don't want to do a fresh install now because I'd need to backup a bunch of apps and their configs and set them up again. I'll have time in a week or so.

The ISO can do upgrades from a currently installed build.

Ians, my first Wu attempt to inplace upgrade failed with a random WU error code.

I realised I had switched off System restore, enabled that and second attempt at the WU method worked perfectly.

All my programs and games are working a treat :)

I went from Win 7 Ultimate to W10 Pro.