Google Chrome - 2GB+ Downloads

Hello,

Not sure if this is a known problem with Chrome, but when trying to download the Windows 10 tech preview via HTTP in Google Chrome, the download stops at exactly 2GB.

It does not give any error messages and shows as having completed successfully, however Windows explorer shows the file size as exactly 2GB. I have tried downloading a couple of times and each time it stops at the same point.

I have looked online and can only see old Google support posts from 2011 which suggest this issue has been resolved.

Anyone else aware of this and if so, any suggestions on work arounds or good download managers?

Thanks

Luke

Which Chrome version?

Go to chrome://version/ and paste your version here and command-line to see whether any flag might be conflicting or not.

- In which Filesystem driver you are downloading, is it FAT32 or NTFS or any other? OS is 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello,

Not sure if this is a known problem with Chrome, but when trying to download the Windows 10 tech preview via HTTP in Google Chrome, the download stops at exactly 2GB.

It does not give any error messages and shows as having completed successfully, however Windows explorer shows the file size as exactly 2GB. I have tried downloading a couple of times and each time it stops at the same point.

I have looked online and can only see old Google support posts from 2011 which suggest this issue has been resolved.

Anyone else aware of this and if so, any suggestions on work arounds or good download managers?

Thanks

Luke

I download ISOs in Chrome all the time. And from MS. Its probably something on your end. What version of Chrome are you using?

I just downloaded the Windows 10 Preview, but it didn't download a +2GB file it was a small file that opened up Windows Update and in windows update it showed the Windows 10 Preview and downloaded the file from there.

Where'd you find a direct ISO download?