Cortana not available

I'm in the UK, just upgraded to 9926 on my desktop. (i put it on my surface pro 3 too but rolled back to 8.1 because it ran horribly)

Cortana wont work on either device, saying its not available in my region, although on windows phone it is available. is there a workaround ?

Thanks

I'm in the UK, just upgraded to 9926 on my desktop. (i put it on my surface pro 3 too but rolled back to 8.1 because it ran horribly)

Cortana wont work on either device, saying its not available in my region, although on windows phone it is available. is there a workaround ?

Thanks

No there is no workaround...  just wait until MS enable it for more countries in the next few months ... maybe longer... 

Thanks

You need to add the US Language, install the US Language pack, set it as Primary, set region to United States and reboot.

It doesn't do a great deal at the moment compared to the demonstrations.

• Like 2

Thanks

I'm from the UK and have managed to get it enabled by setting the region to US and added the US English Language but trust me when I say this i's as buggy as hell and hardly does anything...I don't know if that's because It know I'm from the UK or as I think is more likely that this is a very early release of Cortana 

• Like 2