Replacing focus non-folding mirror with folding mirror?

So today I cracked a side view mirror on my mother's 2007 Ford Focus hatchback SE while backing it in the garage. Incidentally she also had cracked that same mirror doing the same thing a while ago, so I'm wondering if I could replace it with a folding mirror. I spotted this part:

http://www.1aauto.com/ford-focus-mirror-driver-side/i/1amre03220?f=900814&y=2007

I'm just wondering if the part is compatible given that the car has non-folding mirrors and the specifications state:

Specifications:

• LH (Driver Side)
  • Power
  • Heated
  • Manual - folding
  • Injection molded black plastic housing
    • Mirror can be painted to any color desired or installed as is
  • Built to strict quality control standards
This mirror makes a great replacement and has substantial cost savings over a dealer unit.

Special Note:

• This mirror is designed to replace an original mirror with these exact options. If you do not have the options listed, there is a possibility that this mirror may not function properly.
It's substantially more expensive so if there's a chance it won't fit I'll just buy the exact same piece again.

Replace with identical. Mounting changes with different mirrors. May not be able to be mounted with existing mount points.

The focus is a sub compact, how big it's that garage? 2x4?

The garage is wide enough but the door is a relatively tight fit. We avoid putting the car there but today it was necessary. Thanks for the tip I'll just order the same part.

I always referred to the mirror in the car on the front windshield as the rear mirror.  The ones on the outside are the side view mirrors, left/right or driver/passenger.

By the way I've watched two different instruction videos on how to do this, one just unscrews the mirror and screws the new one in place, the other removes the entire door panel too:

Having never performed any car repair before I don't feel confident removing the door panel, but if it's just the mirror I think I'll manage. Tips?

So today I cracked a side view mirror on my mother's 2007 Ford Focus hatchback SE while backing it in the garage. Incidentally she also had cracked that same mirror doing the same thing a while ago, so I'm wondering if I could replace it with a folding mirror. I spotted this part:

http://www.1aauto.com/ford-focus-mirror-driver-side/i/1amre03220?f=900814&y=2007

I'm just wondering if the part is compatible given that the car has non-folding mirrors and the specifications state:

It's substantially more expensive so if there's a chance it won't fit I'll just buy the exact same piece again.

Wow thats a small car.  How small is your garage door?  How odd..

Door panels are not hard to remove, fords are usually snap on snap off types (unless they finally got off their asses and updated)

The stock mirror should fold in, it's probably just seized

Go to a reputable ford part stockist, usually I'll advise avoiding any non genuine part unless you're going into the aftermarket modification route ( a cheaply made copy is never as good as an original part )

The whole refit would probably take 2-3 hours if you do it yourself, is the housing damaged? as the mirror glass direct from ford isn't too expensive, and can be replaced without taking anything off the door itself