Windows 10 on Thinkpad - Intel Drivers

Anyone running Windows 10 on a laptop using Intel Graphics? After the 2-3rd boot it's all a black screen. I rebuilt the machine twice, I tried uninstalling the driver, but it just installs itself. Also if you do not use the Inel drivers and use the MS one.. it lags.

Anyone find a solution to this? I tried running the latest build as of 1/24.

What is the exact graphics card and the exact driver?

t440s, graphic card is intel 4400.

Driver is intel ver. 10.18.10.3960

Did some searching, looks like it's not supported. See other people having the issue, and they are just using the MS drivers. Not working for me though. 

t440s, graphic card is intel 4400.

Driver is intel ver. 10.18.10.3960

Did some searching, looks like it's not supported. See other people having the issue, and they are just using the MS drivers. Not working for me though. 

I have seen similar reports tbh.

Am curious on why the Intel drivers won't install. .. maybe OS string.

EDIT:

Try this driver please

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/57024-OLD-DISCUSSION-Windows-10-Technical-Preview?p=977598&viewfull=1#post977598

Yes, it's likely that the Intel HD drivers aren't updated for changes to WDDM.

Using driver version 15.33.32.4061 here on my tablet.

For the time being I would reccomend dropping some of the visual effects (System > Advanced > Performance) e.g. Fade and translucency. I'm not getting so many issues now.

post-129876-0-35488200-1422230923.jpg

That's kind of a weird question. Isn't Intel on 99% of the laptops?

Oh right, you mean In graphics, not processor. Well still, majority do still have just the Intel Graphics.

And yeah, my other Ultrabook has Intel graphics and its what Ive been using for my Windows 10 test machine,

and I haven't experienced any problems at all on it.

Trying to install the new Windows 10 release on my new Ultrabook pretty much ######ed it, and it didn't even install at all.

Got that error about OS being compressed so it can't install. But it still managed to completely destroy my new computer.

Not too impressed about that. The rollback I guess messed it up, or that KB file needed for Windows Update to even give you Windows 10.

Oh right, you mean In graphics, not processor. Well still, majority do still have just the Intel Graphics.

And yeah, my other Ultrabook has Intel graphics and its what Ive been using for my Windows 10 test machine,

Trying to install the new Windows 10 release on my new Ultrabook pretty much ######ed it, and it didn't even install at all.

Got that error about OS being compressed so it can't install. But it still managed to completely destroy my new computer.

Not too impressed about that. The rollback I guess messed it up, or that KB file needed for Windows Update to even give you Windows 10.

That's why I was surprised.. many laptops use intel graphics. I am going to wait until either a later build or until the final. I like 10 a lot so I am looking forward to it. 

For whatever reasons the HD 4400 suffers the worst.

Indeed there is a driver backend change going on right now which generally caused Code 43 issues for devices.

MS took note and is looking into it from what I gathered.

The drivers do install, but later cause the screen to be black and only the mouse cursor visible when you restart. 

I have noted this behavior on a PXAI machine. Intel HD 3000 + ATI 6xxxm

Guess we should just wait for updates.

We have the same machine and I'm using it on mine just fine. I can send you drivers later if you still need it but I got them from Lenovo instead on Intel. I had issues with external LCD and the lenovo drivers worked better so I stuck with them.

I had a crazy issue just like that.  I loaded the build right before 9926 and after 5 minutes of loading the OS my screen would flicker, i would get a toast message saying the driver had a failure and the machine would lock up.  I flashed the image like 6 times, then finally I got the latest windows 8.1 driver for my dell venue 11 pro installed and the issue was gone.  The driver that downloaded from MS caused the issue for me.  Going to the OEM driver made the issue go away and I was able to update to 9926 without issue.

We have the same machine and I'm using it on mine just fine. I can send you drivers later if you still need it but I got them from Lenovo instead on Intel. I had issues with external LCD and the lenovo drivers worked better so I stuck with them.

I originally did the same, but it did not work out well for me. 

I am using version: 10.18.10.3910 which is actually a Intel driver... not sure, must have used the wrong USB drive to install :p

In any case, you can google and find it for download.

I did a clean install by the way so I dunno if that made a difference.