Website sums up 50 states, one sentence at a time

How would you summarize Louisiana if you had but one sentence to do so? The folks at the website Distractify endeavored to do just that for Louisiana and the other 49 states in a sarcasm-filled article making the rounds on social media in recent weeks.

The website says each sentence was created by a resident of that state. Louisiana's sentence pokes fun at its neighbor to the east with, "We're also thankful for Mississippi," the word "also" apparently referencing some of the other shots taken at The Magnolia State.

Oklahoma's summary, for example, reads: "One tornado away from being Mississippi." And Alabama is wrapped up with this sentence: "We may be 49th in everything, but thank God for Mississippi." (Alabama, by the way, is mocked in Georgia's given motto, which states, "Without Atlanta, we're Alabama.")

As for Mississippi: "We make slightly less (expletive) states look GOOD."

Read the full list here.

Source: http://www.nola.com/travel/index.ssf/2015/01/louisiana_in_a_sentence_websit.html

Alabama:

1c04d23f4548bd1889a71fc37b979260_650x.jp

Louisiana:

1f586b0f46d870710c3ccce9a8eea2e4_650x.jp

Oklahoma:

8f28a85aee309e18f29665862b0289b8_650x.jp

Georgia:

0bed30e8bda02200c112725897aa4a1a_650x.jp

i guess you have to know the all states well to appreciate the humor or lack thereof.

actually i did find a few of them quite hilarious, some are either not funny at all, or i must be missing something. (like never visiting them, lol)

Honestly they all are not very creative or funny at all. Someone could have actually done some really good ones.

Agreed.  Really REALLY lazy.  Seems like it was put together in 10 minutes.