How much would you pay for Microsoft Hololens?

How much would you pay for Microsoft Hololens?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for Microsoft Hololens?

• $2,000 +
    • $1,500
    • $1,000
    • $950
    • $900
    • $850
    • $800
    • $750
    • $700
    • $650
    • $600
    • $550
    • $500
    • $450
    • $400
    • $350
    • $300
    • $250
    • $200
    • $150
    • $100
    • Under $100
    • I would never buy Microsoft Hololens

I got to do a hands on at Build. I did an architecture demo which used Sketch Up (it was pretty much the same thing they showed in the keynote). I hadn't realized or read before about the limited projection area that they currently offer, so that was a bit of a surprise. When doing the demo with the holographic building in a real city mockup, the building was clipped at the edges quite a bit when standing near the table. Then they wanted me to click on a person icon to do a street view with the building in it, and even though the area the icon was in was in my field of view, I didn't know it was there until they told me to look down for it.

We then went to a room around the corner, all brick walls. It was the simulation on putting in a doorway, but having something in the way and needing to move it. I had an issue with this as well, because the guy walking me through it said that some was there to talk with me about it (simulating interacting with someone else remotely). I waited a little bit for him to show up/something to tell me a location, but eventually the guy giving the demo showed me where I needed to look

But now that the 'bad' is out of the way - the most important stuff it did amazingly well. The projected objects locked onto the real world almost perfectly. There were only two points I recall the building shifting just a little, but it is possible that was them progressing the demo to the next part. The walkway/adding a door demo I didn't see a single shift at all. Also it did quite well at being opaque when covering up the real world (you can kind of see through it, but just barely).

Overall - it was very, very impressive and it has a ton of potential. I really hope they can expand the field of projection a bit more before launch (preferably all of your peripheral, but at least just adding a bit more)