Do you still have your wisdom teeth?

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still have your wisdom teeth?

• Yes (all 4)
    • No (had all removed)
    • No (never had them)
    • Some (3)
    • Some (2)
    • Some (1)
    • Yes (more than 4)

I have a big mouth, so my wisdoms grew in without issue...

But I caught wind that as you get older they may become an issue...

So I decided in the preventive maintenance plan, and had them removed..

I know what people are thinking, who removes 4 healthy teeth?...

This guy.... This guy....

I had all 4 of mine surgically removed almost 14yrs ago.  They were coming in at an angle, and there wasn't enough room for them.  Had I kept them, they would have dug into the back of my rear teeth causing damage to them and most likely screwing up my teeth overall pretty severely.

I had all 4 removed and still have the photo I took of myself on the way home bleeding all over myself with the gauze sticking out of my mouth. I had them removed because they were getting infected and causing pain.

I had all 4 removed and still have the photo I took of myself on the way home bleeding all over myself with the gauze sticking out of my mouth. I had them removed because they were getting infected and causing pain.

You sure about that?

I knocked you down with my fist.

:p

Joking aside, mine are gone years ago.

I'm 47 and I still have 3. One came out a year ago. It came up to high on its own, which is what they do, and eventually worked its way out.

I haven't been to the dentist since I was around 14, and my teeth are perfect.

Other than being a tad crooked from the overcrowding from the wisdom teeth not being taken out, but doesn't bother me.

My teeth don't hurt and my gums dont bleed, and theyre fairly white. Good enough for me.

All 4 pulled out in 2009. Ugh the pain I suffered through - extremely excruciating!

All 4 of them grew straight, so I didn't have to get them remove. However, they do hurt a bit if I clamp my jaw in an awkward position.

had all 4 a few years ago, now, strangely i've got a second set coming out behind them, currently got 5, and i can feel 3 more that have not 'erupted' out yet.

All mine came through normally, but the 2 on my bottom jaw were somehow decayed before they broke through the skin so they got pulled.

And as a side effect of them coming through fine, I've got overcrowding (Y)

Air Force removed all of them 6 months in after discomfort when closing my jaw. Free day off also!  :shiftyninja:

All 4 of them grew straight, so I didn't have to get them remove. However, they do hurt a bit if I clamp my jaw in an awkward position.

Same problem here even though they were supposedly straight. Clamping jaw caused discomfort. Had them removed and all is well.

• 1 month later...

Had all four taken out 18 years ago, at age 44. Given the relief it gave the jam-packed tightness of my teeth, I wish I had done it much sooner. Had the surgery done while awake, only Novocain,  as I had to drive myself home afterward. Gums kept bleeding until I ditched the gauze.

yes i have. interestingly the dentist many many years ago when i had an operation decided to remove all 4 teeth before the wisdom teeth.