The Ghostbusters Reboot Cast Revealed

Paul Feig in Talks to Direct ?Ghostbusters? Reboot With Women

Paul Feig is being courted to direct and produce a ?Ghostbusters? comedy reboot.

Feig is not helming ?Ghostbusters 3? or another sequel, in any sense of the word, as has been incorrectly reported.

The movie is a total reboot most likely with female characters played by comedic actresses in the ghostbusting roles, according to sources. The script will be written from scratch.

Feig, who is best known for helming the comedy hits ?Bridesmaids? and ?The Heat,? has been in conversation with Sony to direct the project. However, no formal negotiations have taken place yet. Sony declined to comment.

Feig is also re-teaming with Melissa McCarthy to direct her latest comedy ?Spy,? which is slated for a Memorial Day 2015 release. The director has several new scripts in development at Fox that will likely be ready to go while he?s at work on ?Spy? so this ?Ghostbusters? fem reboot will not necessarily be his next film.

?Ghostbusters 3? was initially supposed to be directed by Ivan Reitman, the director of the original ?Ghostbusters? and its 1989 follow-up, ?Ghostbusters II,? but he dropped out in March. It?s unclear whether another director will be chosen for that project or if this reboot will take its place.

?Men in Black 3? writer Etan Cohen was brought on broad in 2012 to redraft ?Ghostbusters 3.? ?The Office? scribes Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky were hired in 2008 to revive the blockbuster franchise.

Source: Variety

Ugh getting sick to death of all the reboots, especially when they're dealing with movies like Ghostbusters or MiB that were excellent to begin with.  No point besides a cash grab. 

That's just retarded in my opinion.   Make a different movie altogether then, don't call it Ghostbusters!

Or do Ghostbusters 3?  was it not promised?

• Like 4

I'm with others on this, do a 3rd sequel or don't do anything at all.  Rebooting crazy Hollywood needs to stop already.  Unless it's rebooting something that's actually old enough to be rebooted, then ok.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Bill Murray Fan Casts the All-Female Ghostbusters Reboot

When news broke last month about an all female Ghostbusters reboot, some weren't that keen on the idea, but one person who thought it was a good idea was Ghostbusters star himself, Bill Murray. Speaking with The Star at the Toronto International Film Festival, Murray was asked what he thought of the idea, to which he replied:

"I'm fine with it, I would go to that movie, and they'd probably have better outfits, too."

Murray went on to fan cast the four roles of the film when asked who he would like to see take it on.

"Melissa (McCarthy) would be a spectacular Ghostbuster. And Kristen Wiig is so funny - God, she's funny! I like this girl Linda Cardellini ("Mad Men") a lot. And Emma Stone is funny. There are some funny girls out there."

The outlet also caught up with McCarthy about the film and asked her outright if she's been approached.

"I think that somebody is really trying to do it, but nobody has talked to me about it. Listen, if the people I think are doing it are doing it, I must never question them."

Set to begin production next year in New York City, the storyline for the film is rumored to focus on a new generation of Ghostbusters with cameos from the original stars written into the script. Bad Teacher and "The Office" writers Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg wrote the current draft while The Heat and Bridesmaids director Paul Fieg is in talks to direct.

---

Kristen Wiig Responds to Ghostbusters Rumors
Two days ago, Bill Murray revealed the names of four actresses that he'd like to see strap on proton packs for the upcoming all-female Ghostbusters reboot. Today, Yahoo! Movies caught up with one of those names, Kristen Wiig, at the Toronto International Film Festival and got her thoughts on Murray's endorsement.

"I will do whatever Bill Murray tells me to," she joked, refusing to reveal any more solid information.

"I don?t want to pressure you," responded fellow "Saturday Night Live" alumn Bill Hader, who co-stars with Wiig in the upcoming The Skeleton Twins, "But you should do it... And you should have a friend, who's, like, a guy who has to carry around your proton pack."

Also named by Murray were Melissa McCarthy, Linda Cardellini and Emma Stone. No actors, however, are currently attached to the project, but check back for more information as soon as it becomes available.

Bill Murray Fan Casts the All-Female Ghostbusters Reboot

When news broke last month about an all female Ghostbusters reboot, some weren't that keen on the idea, but one person who thought it was a good idea was Ghostbusters star himself, Bill Murray. Speaking with The Star at the Toronto International Film Festival, Murray was asked what he thought of the idea, to which he replied:

"I'm fine with it, I would go to that movie, and they'd probably have better outfits, too."

Murray went on to fan cast the four roles of the film when asked who he would like to see take it on.

"Melissa (McCarthy) would be a spectacular Ghostbuster. And Kristen Wiig is so funny - God, she's funny! I like this girl Linda Cardellini ("Mad Men") a lot. And Emma Stone is funny. There are some funny girls out there."

The outlet also caught up with McCarthy about the film and asked her outright if she's been approached.

"I think that somebody is really trying to do it, but nobody has talked to me about it. Listen, if the people I think are doing it are doing it, I must never question them."

Set to begin production next year in New York City, the storyline for the film is rumored to focus on a new generation of Ghostbusters with cameos from the original stars written into the script. Bad Teacher and "The Office" writers Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg wrote the current draft while The Heat and Bridesmaids director Paul Fieg is in talks to direct.

---

Two days ago, Bill Murray revealed the names of four actresses that he'd like to see strap on proton packs for the upcoming all-female Ghostbusters reboot. Today, Yahoo! Movies caught up with one of those names, Kristen Wiig, at the Toronto International Film Festival and got her thoughts on Murray's endorsement.

"I will do whatever Bill Murray tells me to," she joked, refusing to reveal any more solid information.

"I don?t want to pressure you," responded fellow "Saturday Night Live" alumn Bill Hader, who co-stars with Wiig in the upcoming The Skeleton Twins, "But you should do it... And you should have a friend, who's, like, a guy who has to carry around your proton pack."

Also named by Murray were Melissa McCarthy, Linda Cardellini and Emma Stone. No actors, however, are currently attached to the project, but check back for more information as soon as it becomes available.

Still doesn't mean anything. I think with Murray fancasting it's just blowing things out of proportion. Sony/Columbia still hasn't made a deal with Feig yet. So as of now, it's still all smoke. 

Still doesn't mean anything. I think with Murray fancasting it's just blowing things out of proportion. Sony/Columbia still hasn't made a deal with Feig yet. So as of now, it's still all smoke.

I know, the article explicitly states that too: "No actors, however, are currently attached to the project..."

I just thought it was interesting.

I know, the article explicitly states that too: "No actors, however, are currently attached to the project..."

I just thought it was interesting.

Ah ok. It's just some people are so on board with Murray's casting.. I find it annoying. 

They should reboot it with the Hangover cast as the GB's.

I would only take Bradley Cooper to replace Venkman. lol. The rest of the cast I'd drop. 

Murray just throwing out ideas, we are no nearer :rofl:

lol, articles are saying he's backing Wiig and Mccarthy, hahaha. Ridiculous. 

Ah ok. It's just some people are so on board with Murray's casting.. I find it annoying. 

I would only take Bradley Cooper to replace Venkman. lol. The rest of the cast I'd drop. 

Bradley Cooper could totally play Louis Tully.

I guess I'm still hoping for a real sequel you know and not some silly reboot, all female?  Why?   What about mixed or something?  There's also some rumor of a all female version of the expendables and I"m asking why?   Sounds like a silly way to try and draw in viewers, let's sex it up, give them some skimpy outfits as well.  *sigh*.

• 4 weeks later...

I give up, as much as I'm a fan this thing is going to just not be good.  I have zero hopes, why an all female cast?  Why a reboot?  I don't get how these studios think at all some times.

Two days ago, Bill Murray revealed the names of four actresses that he'd like to see strap on

:rofl:

I give up, as much as I'm a fan this thing is going to just not be good.  I have zero hopes, why an all female cast?  Why a reboot?  I don't get how these studios think at all some times.

He didn't say all of them would be women though. He said they will star hilarious women. IDK. 

He didn't say all of them would be women though. He said they will star hilarious women. IDK. 

He's said before he wanted to do it with all women.  It was in an older post in this thread that I remember.   Expect all 4 of them to be women, and just to be semi-silly and "funny" the secretary in this version will be a guy.  You heard it hear first.

He's said before he wanted to do it with all women.  It was in an older post in this thread that I remember.   Expect all 4 of them to be women, and just to be semi-silly and "funny" the secretary in this version will be a guy.  You heard it hear first.

All female cast were probably rumors, but who knows? I'd rather have like a mix of both genders to be honest. 

All female cast were probably rumors, but who knows? I'd rather have like a mix of both genders to be honest. 

As long as it doesn't turn into a chick flick, then I'm okay with it. Ghostbusters 3 should not be Bridesmaids or The Heat though. And this new writer concerns me since she also wrote The Heat  :x

Honestly, at this point, I'd rather that they just not do it. But if others feel differently, then to each their own.

As long as it doesn't turn into a chick flick, then I'm okay with it. Ghostbusters 3 should not be Bridesmaids or The Heat though. And this new writer concerns me since she also wrote The Heat  :x

Honestly, at this point, I'd rather that they just not do it. But if others feel differently, then to each their own.

Agreed! The Heat was ok, except for the parts with McCarthy. Bullock wasn't bad in it. Bridesmaids was terrible. For a funny movie, I chuckled only once. I don't really have a problem with women in GB3, but just don't make it with only Women. Have actually good and funny actors. (as I've mentioned before Emma Stone (experienced in Zombieland), Anna Kendrick (Great in Pitch Perfect) , Eliza Dushku (she's been mentioned to be involved since the Video Game who she does actually have a part) and Tina Fey (Cocky and a very strong leader) are my picks... might also add Lizzie Caplan.. I like her acting.)