Mortal Kombat : The year everything changed.

Whilst I won't disagree with the fact "health and safety" can go a little crazy at times, are we seriously entertaining the fact that the cause to this, is a computer game? Like, actually seriously considering that?

If you think warning labels are about protecting children them I'm sorry but you are horribly miss-informed. It's about protection of the company behind said product, because too many idiots decide that because no-one told them to eat that harmful chemical then someone is to blame.

This is about a generation that love to blame someone else for there crap, nothing more nothing less.

Very good point. The culture of suing people might have more to do with everything and everything coming with a warning more so than anything else.

Combine that with the fact the media loves to tell us about ###### that will harm and kill us (The Daily Mail, for example, loves to tell us about all of the everyday items and activities that will give us cancer) and it's no surprise everything has a warning.

Good times - playing MK2 on Sega, while smashing down a bottle of raspberry cream soda, packet of chips, and some gummy bears. Yeahhhhh!! 

Then go for a swim in the pool. Thug life.

90s rocked! 

Then go for a swim in the pool. Thug life.

Nah bro. If you didn't have a pool, jump your neighbours fence and swim in their pool. Thug Life.

Very good point. The culture of suing people might have more to do with everything and everything coming with a warning more so than anything else.

Combine that with the fact the media loves to tell us about ###### that will harm and kill us (The Daily Mail, for example, loves to tell us about all of the everyday items and activities that will give us cancer) and it's no surprise everything has a warning.

The daily mail are the worst, I don't there are many things left in life that don't give you cancer.

Positive correlation studies are always the best scientific studies  :rolleyes:

Nah bro. If you didn't have a pool, jump your neighbours fence and swim in their pool. Thug Life.

That's exactly what I did!! Hahah

Dunno how many creepy crawlers got stolen in the 90s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'Wussification' has been happening long before MK.

Back in the days of the Macedon empire people used to get stabbed and shot with arrows and continued to fight (King Phillip of Macedon got shot through the eye socket with an arrow and continued to fight), kids were trained to be soldiers from when they could start walking. Today a soldier gets a headache and his excused from PT training and people are scared to even discipline there children if they act out at any age.

People used to do stupid stuff and hurt themselves and you would just blame it on them, now if someone trips and hurts themselves at a shopping mall they blame it on the shopping mall and sue. If a company makes a product that needs to be microwaved and is hot after it cooks and don't put a warning label saying 'hot when cooked or something' someone will eat that product straight out of the microwave and scold themselves and then try to sue. MK has nothing to do with it, its just the way society was heading.

To be fair what's worse is how poorly sex and nudity is treated. Like it is worse than violence, worse than something that is actually a crime. Especially in America.

When Fox News did the Sexbox discussion due to Mass Effect I genuinely wept for humanity. And America.