Hide Updates in Tech Preview

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you can hide/stop an update from being downloaded and installed in the latest technical build? It seems like the old Windows Update center is gone from existence and the new one doesn't seem to allow you to hide updates.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you can hide/stop an update from being downloaded and installed in the latest technical build? It seems like the old Windows Update center is gone from existence and the new one doesn't seem to allow you to hide updates.

My question is why would you want to do that? Without updating, you are not providing valuable feedback to Microsoft.

My question is why would you want to do that? Without updating, you are not providing valuable feedback to Microsoft.

I didn't specify what update I'm hiding, it doesn't mean I'm not providing feedback to Microsoft or skewing it. There are certain driver updates that actually cripples my PC performance. This has been the case in Windows 8.X as well, but the problem was easily resolved by hiding that specific driver update.

Basically they hid the gui so you need to find wherever windows stored the information

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/97522a1a-712a-466d-b45c-7140183f3ab9/hide-certain-windows-update-via-cmd-or-group-policy

Worst case scenario you can block the http download if the above doesn't work get the url from windowsupdate.log in the windows folder.

For anyone who googles this thread if you have WSUS you can filter updates there too.

Save this as a .reg file and merge it, old update UI will be back and you can hide the update you want to hide.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX]
"IsConvergedUpdateStackEnabled"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings]
"UxOption"=dword:00000000

• Like 3