Raspberry PI 2 - Amazon, other stores?

I'm looking to buy a kitted PI 2 (Amazon has PI kits, but not for the PI 2) with a case and a few other assorted things such as the SD card with Raspbian. 

Amazon doesn't seem to list it yet, so I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for places to shop online and compare what is offered?

Thanks!

You likely won't until the launch period is over. Only people selling them at the moment are small company resellers rather than large chains at the moment or direct from wholesaler.

The closest match at the moment might be http://thepihut.com

I'm waiting for general availability from Amazon UK before ordering as I don't mind waiting a good few weeks.

they say it runs wondows 10. but that is a different version.

what does that mean?   will it run vlc,  foxit reader, foobar2000, and other programs that i normally use on windows?

they say it runs wondows 10. but that is a different version.

what does that mean?   will it run vlc,  foxit reader, foobar2000, and other programs that i normally use on windows?

You can run the above apps in linux. Why wouldnt you just install raspbian (debian) and just run them in linux? You dont need windows to run vlc, foobar, etc. Depending on your other apps, you might be fine with linux.

As far as will it run on the version of windows 10 (IoT?) that will be on the pi, that depends on how windows 10 handles apps and how the apps are made. Current windows apps probably wont, but new windows apps and apps updated for windows 10 and technically suppose to run on all windows 10 devices. 

• Like 1

Being an ARM computer, it surprisingly runs the ARM version of Windows, which is rather locked down at the moment. Windows 10 changes things, but we won't know how much until it's actually launched.

• Like 3

You can run the above apps in linux. Why wouldnt you just install raspbian (debian) and just run them in linux? You dont need windows to run vlc, foobar, etc. Depending on your other apps, you might be fine with linux.

As far as will it run on the version of windows 10 (IoT?) that will be on the pi, that depends on how windows 10 handles apps and how the apps are made. Current windows apps probably wont, but new windows apps and apps updated for windows 10 and technically suppose to run on all windows 10 devices. 

yeah, sounds like linux would be a better OS for at least a year.   I will stick with linux if i get the new Pi then

Being an ARM computer, it surprisingly runs the ARM version of Windows, which is rather locked down at the moment. Windows 10 changes things, but we won't know how much until it's actually launched.

I hope with windows 10 there's support for the freescale i.mx chips too. freescale is one of the best hobbyist friendly chip makers(no NDA,no minimum order), and texas instruments too to a certain extent.

Thanks to Sikh! I went through MCM and it has a 14 day backorder on it. I found a few places that had them still, but they didn't have the packages I wanted. Plus, they wanted to charge more. Can't wait to get it. Should be lots of fun. 

Raspbian has to have some updates for it to handle this new one, so I'm not worried about that (though it IS a good point as a general rule.) I'm actually leaning toward Pidora, but we'll see what happens when it comes in. 

I've already ordered, but I'm curious- does New_IT ship to the USA? I looked at their listings and they were over 25% higher on some items. But, that isn't always important when the stock is low. If I had gotten that 2-3 month wait someone else did, I'd have been willing to up the cost.

Thanks to Sikh! I went through MCM and it has a 14 day backorder on it. I found a few places that had them still, but they didn't have the packages I wanted. Plus, they wanted to charge more. Can't wait to get it. Should be lots of fun. 

No problem man! I ordered 9am CST that morning (3 hours after announcement) and am getting mine today or tomorrow. USPS is being a pain in my ass. Im excited to play with it.

Yeah, I waited a tad too long, but I'm good. I'm converting a laptop or two to Linux, so I have things to keep me busy. I just wasn't sure I wanted to order so I waited until I made up my mind.

Ah I didn't realise you were over the big pond! Probably explains why they're so hard to get a hold of! It looks like they do ship international and it's a fairly decent price (

I was talking to the vendor again today and they were telling me there are two manufacturing plants one in the UK and the other in China. apparently the China manufacturer is not making them as quickly because they are failing QA Checks.