Which NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 model would you go for?

This has probably already been posted somewhere but here it goes again : ) .. just because funny factor.

<YouTube video snipped>

:laugh:

This has probably already been posted somewhere but here it goes again : ) .. just because funny factor.

lool hadn't seen that one before, but it is brilliant :D  laughed so much (Y)

• Like 3

Thanks for posting.  This is comedy gold!

• Like 2

EVGA and Asus are both reliable in my experience. I'm not going to upgrade until fully DX12 compliant cards are out. Since the console hardware specs are going to be static for many years, the driving force in getting a higher powered PC card would be 4k or such.

Another vote for the Asus strix because I have it. The Nvidia drivers didn't come without their issues. Initially I had graphics tearing and a problem with the card failing to wake my monitor (connected via DP) from sleep after a while of inactivity but this was hotfixed.

I like the Gigabyte and MSI's for the multiple DVI inputs. I wish Asus would use the 3 DVI in w/1 HDMI port like those two. I prefer Asus, but inputs are more important to me.

I still remember cards that came with a single port or with S-Video out. 2x DVI along with 1x HDMI & 1x DP port has been standard for a few years. It's down to the individual OEM on what ports a card will have. You can always use an DP/HDMI -> DVI adapter.

Well, I got the EVGA FTW ATX model.

I'm actually disappointed by the card.

I expected to be able to run Far Cry 4 in Ultra at 1680x1050 (paired with my i5-3570K) at 60fps but there are drops to around 25-30fps all the time (during fires mainly, when there are a lot of particles on screen).

I'm sure it would be 60fps most of the time at Very High detail but it's not really the point when you buy such an expensive card that was extremely well received online.

Oh well.