Your most valued possession

Quick! Your house is on fire and you can only grab one thing you have and make a bee line for the quickest exit, what do you chose?

I'm not sure if I would call my family and pets possessions, so...

I would probably either grab my laptop or my telescope. While I agree with Skiver that they could be replaced by insurance, I'd be really annoyed to lose either even if it's only for a short time. That said, the insurance would cover a new laptop so maybe I would leave that for the fire to take. :p

I'm not sure if I would call my family and pets possessions, so...

I would probably either grab my laptop or my telescope. While I agree with Skiver that they could be replaced by insurance, I'd be really annoyed to lose either even if it's only for a short time. That said, the insurance would cover a new laptop so maybe I would leave that for the fire to take. :p

Ok Ok, I thought it was a bit of a cop out answer.

In all honesty, the fact nothing jumps to my mind immediately says there is nothing. I don't think I have any sentimental value with anything in my house, sure I would hate to loose things like my TV, Xbox or Camera etc but my insurance would cover those things and I have no real attachment to any one thing.

Other than my dog.

Obviously this is thread is supposed to be fun so...

My retro console/computer collection. Although is pretty much a rooms worth. So that would take forever. So I'd just burn with it.

So probably my laptop. Only got it late last year. A really good one. So I'm still wrapping it in cotton wool at the moment :laugh:

OK. To be clear, you're a great person if you say you partner or kid, but I meant a possession. Photos, wedding dress, antique playboy collection.

my cat is family so I would grab my purse that has my tablet and phone in it as well as it has a cisco console cable, 2 usb pen drives, 5 charging cables, 2 emergency phones, and 3 16GB SD cards.

Yes I don't have makeup in my purse but I have a cisco console cable >_< hehehehe

Ignoring the obvious "significant others and pets", I would probably grab my keys and wallet. I live in Connecticut, and you can't do anything here without having to drive somewhere.

My grandfather's pocket watch that he gave to me before he died, an external HDD that serves as one of my backups of all my digital pictures, my birth certificate, social security card, and other important documents are all stored in a fire/waterproof, locked safe that can be retrieved after the fire is put out. Everything else can be replaced.

attachicon.gifChara in 2012.jpg

Once she's safe, I'd grab my Surface and the backup drives.

Wow, I'm quite jealous of you for having such a pretty Cat. Is it a Russian Blue?

I've made a firebox and it's in my Garage, it contains all important documentation and spending cash in case of a fire. If there were time left I would run for my Hard Drives. Nothing else really matters too much and YAY all new stuff!

I'd obviously get my Dog first.

Wow, I'm quite jealous of you for having such a pretty Cat. Is it a Russian Blue?

Thank you. Chara is a mixed breed alley cat. She just happens to be solid gray with not a speck of other colors.

post-62779-0-15399300-1423168879.jpg

Once I know my fiance and 2 dogs are safe -- these are the only things I care about.

post-508501-0-75253200-1423179329.jpg

If my computer(s) burn down, the data is backed up to the cloud, and it gives me an excuse to by new stuff.... there is a method to my madness indeed.

cat's ???  really ?? 

Keys, wallet, external HDs, coat/gloves (it's winter) and tablets.  Since I have 4 exits and a sprinkler system in my home, I would have the time.

grab the cat and the folder with all my important information like birth cert and ssn card         there a nightmare to get if you dont have a copy of them or supporting documents