Dopamine

Just tried that position of notification test on build 221, no issues. It works both with no songs playing, and with a song playing. Haven't tried it on 236.

Just tried that position of notification test on build 221, no issues. It works both with no songs playing, and with a song playing. Haven't tried it on 236.

As far as I can remember, this test feature did work without songs playing with previous versions of Dopamine ;)

That ability is in the pipeline.

It's also something I am very much looking forward to.

Yep, it's planned.

Raphael, I believe I've just found a minor bug. I'm currently testing Windows 10 build 10166 (clean install).

Well, using the latest version of Dopamine, v1.0.0 (Build 236), when I'm setting it up under "Settings->playback->Notification->Position of the notification", no matter which position I choose, when I click on the "Test" button, no popup window shows up.

The weird thing is that this feature does work when I play any song. But when I test it under settings, it doesn't.

I have a Radeon R9 290X and my video drivers are the recently released Catalyst 15.7 (v15.200.1046.0), in case this is relevant.

This Test feature did work with previous versions of Windows 10 as far as I can remember.

Let's see if someone else can reproduce it or if it's limited on my end.

Cheers!

Update: OK. Now this is interesting. The Test feature works as expected if while I'm setting it up, I have a song playing. If not, it doesn't.

There were several issues with the notifications. I rewrote some things for the next build. I'll specifically test this out.

• Like 1

Hi all,

The next build is taking some time. Since the last build I've worked hard on fixing the maximizing. The Nano player is smaller than the minimum window size allowed by WPF. For the developers among us, I had to disable the WindowStyle to achieve such a small size. That automatically causes fullscreen maximizing. So i had 2 options:

- keep the Nano player but also fullscreen maximizing

- fix maximizing by ditching the Nano player

I didn't want any of those choices. So I tried some crazy things:

So to get around that, I had to resort to calling native windows functions to get the size allowed for the window, taking the taskbar into account. However, bugs and peculiarities in the .NET Framework have been giving me a hard time because they cause either severe performance loss while resizing the window, or strange behaviour and flickering while maximizing. I had to patch a bug in the .NET framework and compile the fixed source inside dopamine. Luckily the fix was provided by another brave soul which had the same issue. Putting this into dopamine was hell however, due to cross-references to other parts of .NET which were all over the place. But tonight I made it. There is still quite some work, but I'm getting there...

Hi all,

A new build of dopamine is available. The maximizing still requires some work. But on the primary display it is working as before again. On a secundary display it is still fullscreen. So, work in progress. This is the changelog:

Dopamine 1.0.0.249 (Preview)

- Removed full screen maximizing on the primary display at users request
- Changed the tooltips
- Fixed a bug where notifications didn't show for songs without album art
- Added a tooltip for the Nano Player's playback information
- Added German translation. Thank you Florian!

- Known issue: on a secondary display, maximizing is still fullscreen, even if the TaskBar is shown on all displays.

As always, get it here: http://raphaelgodart.tumblr.com/dopamine

Guys, has anyone else bumped into this?

After having updated Dopamine to the latest build and before closing it, I started listening to an album and when I clicked on the button to go to the next track, it would act as if shuffle were enabled (of course it wasn't). Closing Dopamine and opening it again fixed it, though.

Cheers!

Hi 

Can you tell me how the auto updating is meant to work.

As far as I can tell it doesn't do ANYTHING!

Also please keep dev-ing........

your agile has seemed to slow down quite a bit. ;-)

Guys, has anyone else bumped into this?

After having updated Dopamine to the latest build and before closing it, I started listening to an album and when I clicked on the button to go to the next track, it would act as if shuffle were enabled (of course it wasn't). Closing Dopamine and opening it again fixed it, though.

Cheers!

I've not updated yet, I tend to run on shuffle anyway but I'll disable shuffle update and give it a try. I assume it's not came back since?

UPDATE: Worked ok for me I'm afraid :(

Hi 

Can you tell me how the auto updating is meant to work.

As far as I can tell it doesn't do ANYTHING!

Also please keep dev-ing........

your agile has seemed to slow down quite a bit. ;-)

Let the poor guy have break :(

I've not updated yet, I tend to run on shuffle anyway but I'll disable shuffle update and give it a try. I assume it's not came back since?

UPDATE: Worked ok for me I'm afraid :(

Let the poor guy have break :(

Thanks for the info, mate. Probably had something to do with my Windows 10 system ;)

And for heaven's sake, let Rapha

I am loving the new build...it's AWESOME!

One request though lol...like you don't have enough already =)

I use two monitors, and it would be SWEET if I could have the notification options for both monitors, ie have the ability to have the notification pop up on the secondary monitor instead of the primary.

Keep up the awesome amazing work, you're doing an awesome job!!!

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I'm still as motivated to develop dopamine as on day one. Business trips and the maximizing issue (which delayed progress for weeks) are the cause of the development slowdowns. Right now I'm enjoying some R&R in Croatia without computer :) Next week I'll be back in full force :)

As always, Raph. It's simply awesome. The only thing I dislike about Dopamine is having to change my default sound device to be able to play through speakers, vs my headphones. That's something I'd love to see changed. I have 3 Audio Cards in my PC.

Call me weird but I can't shower without music. So, I use different audio devices with different programs. 

Also, I'd like to confirm it later today, but I'm not sure Dopamine works with The Orion Spark Keyboard app. Send me the link for the keystrokes, and I'll give you the IDs.

Get back to WORK!

Mean that in the nicest way possible.

Tonight :) I'm at Split airport in Croatia, waiting for m'y plane to Belgium.

Hi Raphael,

I was wondering if you were planning any transparency options for the main windows and the mini players?  This would look fantastic!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! =)

Thank you and keep up the amazing work.

The forums are acting strange, I wasn't able to quote your post. But, no, there will be no transparency. I tried before, and it had a bad impact on performance while resizing the window.

And thanks! I should have something for you guys soon. I've been working very hard since my return from vacation :)

• Like 2

Hi all, more news.

The next build is near ready and in testing. This will be the changelog (mostly UI work):

- Fixed an issue with the ToolTip of the Volume button on the Mini Players
- Added a subtle shadow to notifications
- Added option to always show Artist and Title of the playing song on the Cover Player
- Fixed maximizing
- Added a option to hide the Windows Taskbar when maximizing
- Added an optional glow under the main window
- Lots of UI tweaks

After this build is released, I'll work on file associations (which will allow double clicking on files)

Hey. How is the Windows Phone version coming?

On the phone version, Can you give use the ability to upload or search for artist images.

Something like MPATools for Windows Phone. You can store images on your phone, OneDrive or just search through google and other image sources.

I still use the old Music hub app and MPATools on my 1520, It works great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okkaHzGF1tw

Hi all!

A new version of Dopamine has been released. Here's the changelog:

31-07-2015: Dopamine 1.0.0.255 (Preview)

- Fixed an issue with the ToolTip of the Volume button on the Mini Players
- Added a subtle shadow to notifications
- Added option to always show Artist and Title of the playing song on the Cover Player
- Fixed maximizing
- Added a option to hide the Windows Taskbar when maximizing
- Added an optional glow under the main window
- Lots of UI tweaks

Download here as usual.

• Like 3