Dopamine

Not sure if you want bugs posted on here, but I happened upon a crash.  I was just going through the artists tab and when I selected an album with one song, it didn't display anything.  I clicked the album and it crashed.  Here is the log entry for that time:

2015-03-30 12:18:04.1884|Error|Dopamine.Application.ExecuteEmergencyStop|Unhandled Exception. Exception:
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Dopamine.CollectionModule.Views.CollectionArtists.VB$StateMachine_12_GetTracksAndEnqueue.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Stack trace:
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Dopamine.CollectionModule.Views.CollectionArtists.VB$StateMachine_12_GetTracksAndEnqueue.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

I reloaded the app and went back to that artist and everything worked from then on out.

Yes you can report bugs in this thread. Thanks, I'll into it.

First little grievance I noticed is that max,min etc options seem to be hidden, unless I select the track view. I like that its not visible by default, but I feel it should slide down if I mouse hover over the top, otherwise it requires (potentially) more mouse clicks to get back to full or minimised views.

These options shouldn't really be needed much, but I fiddle with the view a lot :p

I can see this being a personal preference so would be good to see if others find this OK or not?

• Like 1

First little grievance I noticed is that max,min etc options seem to be hidden, unless I select the track view. I like that its not visible by default, but I feel it should slide down if I mouse hover over the top, otherwise it requires (potentially) more mouse clicks to get back to full or minimised views.

These options shouldn't really be needed much, but I fiddle with the view a lot :p

I can see this being a personal preference so would be good to see if others find this OK or not?

I was curious how people would react to that :) I'm expecting more feedback. I could restore the behaviour from the previous version rather quickly if it's too annoying.

Btw, double click on the album art restores full view. Minimize is not directly available however.

What do you think about the list view? Does it display useful details? Btw, I don't show the track number on purpose, because it looks rather weird when more than 1 album is displayed in the mini player.

I've found a reason to need both max and min with it sat there today.

The display works for me, I don't have that big of a collection and its a lot of one off tracks rather than albums so track number would mean little to me.

In that case, I'll fix it for you :)

My obligitory comment on volume control in mini player :rofl:

At it stands now, you need to click the volume icon and then move the mouse into the slider area before the scroll wheel adjusts the volume. Any chance you could have the volume slider appear on mouse over of the volume icon (so I don't have to click it), and allow the scroll wheel to adjust the volume from both the slider area but also the volume icon area. This would reduce the movement/clicks needed to change the volume. Once you mouse over the volume icon, any scroll wheel adjustment adjusts the volume.

• Like 1

My obligitory comment on volume control in mini player :rofl:

At it stands now, you need to click the volume icon and then move the mouse into the slider area before the scroll wheel adjusts the volume. Any chance you could have the volume slider appear on mouse over of the volume icon (so I don't have to click it), and allow the scroll wheel to adjust the volume from both the slider area but also the volume icon area. This would reduce the movement/clicks needed to change the volume. Once you mouse over the volume icon, any scroll wheel adjustment adjusts the volume.

Damn you! No, just kidding of course :D

You are so right and I'll add it to the next build. Should the popup also close automatically when you stopped scrolling?

• Like 1

2015-04-01 00:25:38.9927|Info|Synapse.Synapse.Main|<<< Synapse indexer NORMAL stop >>>
2015-04-01 00:25:40.4167|Error|Dopamine.Services.PlaybackService.TryPlay|Could not play the file E:\Chris\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\The Guild\(Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar (feat. Fel\01 (Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar (fe.m4a. Loop=False, Shuffle=False. Exception: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: value. StackTrace:    at CSCore.SoundOut.WasapiOut.set_Latency(Int32 value)
   at CSCore.SoundOut.WasapiOut.InitializeInternal()
   at CSCore.SoundOut.WasapiOut.Initialize(IWaveSource source)
   at Dopamine.Core.Audio.CSCorePlayer.PlayASound()
   at Dopamine.Core.Audio.CSCorePlayer.Play(String iUri)
   at Dopamine.Services.PlaybackService.TryPlay(TrackInfo iTrack)

I get that whenever I try and play a song.
:(

2015-04-01 00:25:38.9927|Info|Synapse.Synapse.Main|<<< Synapse indexer NORMAL stop >>>

2015-04-01 00:25:40.4167|Error|Dopamine.Services.PlaybackService.TryPlay|Could not play the file E:\Chris\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\The Guild\(Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar (feat. Fel\01 (Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar (fe.m4a. Loop=False, Shuffle=False. Exception: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

Parameter name: value. StackTrace:    at CSCore.SoundOut.WasapiOut.set_Latency(Int32 value)

at CSCore.SoundOut.WasapiOut.InitializeInternal()

at CSCore.SoundOut.WasapiOut.Initialize(IWaveSource source)

at Dopamine.Core.Audio.CSCorePlayer.PlayASound()

at Dopamine.Core.Audio.CSCorePlayer.Play(String iUri)

at Dopamine.Services.PlaybackService.TryPlay(TrackInfo iTrack)

I get that whenever I try and play a song.

:(

I see this is iTunes music. Could there be DRM on it?

I'm seeing the same error on MP3 and M4a files. I had installed the build earlier but didn't have any music in my library. Added that in (awesome improvement in speed on the indexer!) but now I'm trying to play files, no go. Error city.

Edit:

Ok, it seems exclusive mode is needed on the output. With it on, files play. With it off, error.

I'm seeing the same error on MP3 and M4a files. I had installed the build earlier but didn't have any music in my library. Added that in (awesome improvement in speed on the indexer!) but now I'm trying to play files, no go. Error city.

COuld you try disabling Wasapi event mode in the options and try playing again? That was added in this build. When you disable event and exclusive mode, it plays like the older versions. I curious if that is the issue.

Edit:

Ok, it seems exclusive mode is needed on the output. With it on, files play. With it off, error.

I'd like one of those files for testing, as I can't reproduce it with my files. Would you mind sending one to me?

Event mode (I dunno what that is) has no impact. Exclusive mode off (event on or off) ... no playback. Exclusive mode On (event on or off) the files play.

Event mode (I dunno what that is) has no impact. Exclusive mode off (event on or off) ... no playback. Exclusive mode On (event on or off) the files play.

I doubt it is a file issue. I tried about 20 different songs (mix of mp3 and m4a) and once exclusive mode is off they don't play. Might be an issue with the PC hardware? If you want a file, no worries. PM me an email address.

Same for me, exclusive mode on, files play, exclusive off, files don't. Thanks for the fix anyway! :)

Just noticed something on Anarkii's sig. We are both running windows 10 TP. Not sure if this is a possible difference between Rapha

• Like 2

I doubt it is a file issue. I tried about 20 different songs (mix of mp3 and m4a) and once exclusive mode is off they don't play. Might be an issue with the PC hardware? If you want a file, no worries. PM me an email address.

It sure can be hardware related. Not all audio hardware works will all wasapi options. But still, you were able to play with the older builds without exclusive mode on, so I'm wondering if the audio lib guy didn't break anything :) Maybe your files might help.