Dopamine

I thought he meant the button to switch from full to mini player???

Ah!!! Now I see previous comments in line, you are right. Fool me... [Not to mention today's is April Fool as well]

Thanks a lot for the great comments everyone!

Again, great work on this music player.  Love using it.

Is it possible to have a help section/tooltip for the settings->playback options.  I'm not too familiar with what each option does (like event mode, exclusive mode, etc.)?  I know this is probably a low priority though, just wanted to get it on the radar.

Thanks.

Yes, that is planned. Didn't have the courage to do it yet :)

Hi all,

I've improved the mini player even more.

- When shuffle is enabled, the first song played when pressing play is no longer always the same song.

- The mini play displays the tracks in their shuffled order. So the playlist view now functions as a real "what's next" view

- I fine-tuned the volume popup behaviour and height

I'm testing tomorrow and will most probably release this tomorrow evening.

• Like 4

Hi all,

Dopamine 1.0 build 173 is available

These are the changes:

• Small improvement to Mini Player volume popup visibility
  • Improved Shuffle for the first Track played
  • The Mini Player now shows the Tracks in playback order (if shuffle is enabled, the tracks are shown in shuffled order)
  • Fine tuned the Mini Player UI

Download here: http://raphaelgodart.tumblr.com/dopamine

Dopamine does not work at all in windows 10 TP build 9926.

It wont play any songs at all.

Link to log:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A28qBpPx1RCjHMtJYkfRYWfadNmV-rI7Q5cla8HA7pU/edit?usp=sharing

I know that it's untested but just wanted to give you a heads up.

Have you tried enabling exclusive mode? I've heard that fixes issues in Windows 10. I didn't have a chance to test in Windows 10 myself yet.

Dopamine does not work at all in windows 10 TP build 9926.

It wont play any songs at all.

Link to log:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A28qBpPx1RCjHMtJYkfRYWfadNmV-rI7Q5cla8HA7pU/edit?usp=sharing

I know that it's untested but just wanted to give you a heads up.

I confirm the latest version of Dopamine doesn't playback any of my songs on Windows 10 build 10049 either. Exclusive mode is enabled. Previous versions of Dopamine worked out of the box.

I can't post my logs now because I'm on my mobile.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I confirm the latest version of Dopamine doesn't playback any of my songs on Windows 10 build 10049 either. Exclusive mode is enabled. Previous versions of Dopamine worked out of the box.

I can't post my logs now because I'm on my mobile.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Actually yes. The audio library changed in the last version, to fix issues with event and exclusive mode. I guess something broke for Windows 10. I'll do some comparative tests between the old and the new version of the library myself and will let you know.

Edit: confirmed! It's the changes to the audio library. I'll see what I can do. At worst I can revert to not having event mode and exclusive mode for now and restore the older version of the library.

• Like 1

Thanks for looking into this so quickly taking into account Windows 10 is still in development.

Cheers!

No problem. I've contacted the developer of the audio lib. I can't promise he'll look into it (Windows 10 being pre-release) but I'm all for trying out windows 10, so I'll probably go back to a working version, even if we'll have to lose event and exclusive mode for the time being.

Also you have to know that I'm actually mixing up different pieces of code of the audio lib to provide event and exclusive mode in dopamine. I've created a hybrid version of the audio lib which is probably not supported by the developer :). So going back to a supported version might be a good choice.

• Like 1

OK, thanks for the heads up. Will the new indexer be in any way affected by going back to the previous library engine? I hope not, because it really is fast now :)

Cheers!

Won't be affected.

Strange. With exclusive mode on, Dopamine is working perfectly for me on Windows 10, 10049.

Maybe it's dependent on the Windows 10 build. I tested on 10041 yesterday.

• Like 1

Great player. Nice design. A queue feature would be nice though.

One thing that doesn't work for me though, is with my Bluetooth speaker that's connected to my computer, the Play/Pause button doesn't work with Dopamine.

The previous track and next track buttons work though. All the buttons work with every other media player I've ran on my computer though, so its not something wrong with my speaker.

Other than that, awesome work, lookin forward to future releases. Thanx.

Great player. Nice design. A queue feature would be nice though.

One thing that doesn't work for me though, is with my Bluetooth speaker that's connected to my computer, the Play/Pause button doesn't work with Dopamine.

The previous track and next track buttons work though. All the buttons work with every other media player I've ran on my computer though, so its not something wrong with my speaker.

Other than that, awesome work, lookin forward to future releases. Thanx.

Could you elaborate on the queue feature? How would it work? Like select songs here and there and choosing "Enqueue", then pressing play would play the queued songs?

The button issue is strange. I don't see why I should be related to the headset. What happens when you press play? Do you get an error popup? Is there something in the logfile?

Possible, but I would suspect different hw/drivers. I had this build running on 10041 too before I did the upgrade to 10049.

I guess it's possible. I have no idea, but will keep track of this as Windows 10 progresses.

I'll soon release a build which works again on Windows 10, without wasapi event and exclusive mode. I'll re-add this the day it's stable enough.

Dopamine is the only player out of any that Ive seen that doesn't have an enqueue or addto function.

And yes, it would be ass you mentioned, select songs etc. etc. and enqueue to now playing list. Players vary on how they do it exactly.

For me, on any player I use, I usually select an artist to play then I may select mor artist from my library and enqueue them in to the list to be played.

As for my button issue, I dont get an error or anything, the play/pause button just doesn't do anything, and as Ive stated, Dopamine is the only program out of lots I use, where it doesn't work right, but my external keyboard media buttons work fine. So its kinda weird, lol.

I'll add the queue to my todo. For now, when you select one or multiple artists or albums, their tracks appear on the right pane. If you then double-click one of the tracks, all tracks from the right pane get enqueued. There is however no way to view the queued tracks yet (except in the mini player list).

For the button issue. I believe you. I'm trying to understand what's happening. It is hard to say from here. It would be great if you could press play and then send me the logfile. Not sure it the error will be recorded, but who knows. The logfile is in your user directory C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Dopamine\Log

Oh thanx, I didn't even try that selecting option, that would be good enough for me, I never even thought to try that.

I just tried my blutooth headphones which have media control buttons on them, and same issue, the play/pause button does not work with Dopamine, but works with all other player. As I stated, it is just the play/pause buttons that Im have problems with, on both the Bluetooth speaker and Bluetooth headset, the previous track and next track buttons do work.

I would say its some sort of procedure call in the code in Dopamine that may have been missed for Bluetooth related stuff.

Ohw ok, it is when you play on the media key on the headset that nothing happen. I thought you had issues when pressing the play button with the mouse.

I'll look around if it's some other keycode I have to listen to.

Got another question for you:  Is there a way to kick off the indexer manually?  For instance, I just added a new folder/file to a collection folder.  I can't seem to find a timer setting or a manual way to kick off the indexer in these cases unless I quit and start back up.  Is there any way to do this other than exit right now?

Thanks again!