Dopamine

When are you going to release a new preview build? It's been almost a month... =)

Tomorrow.

I like what you're doing with the new mini players :)

Thanks! :)

• Like 3

Hi all. A new Dopamine build is available!

This is the changelog:

1-07-2015: Dopamine 1.0.0.236 (Preview)

• Fixed a small issue displaying the progress on the Windows Taskbar
  • Added Hungarian translation
  • Added Portuguese translation
  • Added Brazilian Portuguese translation
  • Heavy refactoring of the code and bugfixing
  • Added full screen maximizing
  • Added a Micro Player
  • Added a Nano Player
  • Small UI tweaks
Download here

Thanks Raphael.

Just installed this so yet to play with the other player views, but saw a change in behaviour of the standard view compared to previous. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature :)

When you maximise the standard player, it covers the taskbar (literally goes full screen). Is there an option to stop this behaviour? I would prefer how it worked previously, that the taskbar is still there.

(Run on Win8.1).

Cheers!

Thanks Raphael.

Just installed this so yet to play with the other player views, but saw a change in behaviour of the standard view compared to previous. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature :)

When you maximise the standard player, it covers the taskbar (literally goes full screen). Is there an option to stop this behaviour? I would prefer how it worked previously, that the taskbar is still there.

(Run on Win8.1).

Cheers!

That's supposed to happen (it is described in the changelog). I'd have to check if I can add a toggle for this. Usually it's the one or the other but with moire work I might figure something out.

So that's what that meant :)

Not a fan of that at all. Yeah if you can make that an option it would be great. Thanks for keeping the previous builds available for download, I'm actually gonna switch back to the previous build.

Wow it's that bad? Anyone else not liking it? otherwise I'd better just completely restore the previous behaviour.

Feature Request for consideration

Text window in the display is not always big enough, possible "fixes"

spJuLkt.png

• Track name instead of going up and down displays in a Artist - Track name and scrolls from left to right and back. The scroll can work on the same timer as the swap that is currently there.
  • Mouse Hover over text that goes off the screen causes the text to scroll until its all displayed. Removing hover resets text back to its starting position
  • Enable resize of window left and right so that you could effectively stretch the nano player across the length of a window to allow more text to display

Another feature that might be worth considering, is to have a Vertical as well as Horizontal nano player - Less likely to use this and I'm not sure there would be a nice way to display the text so as much as I'd like to try that as an option, I don't think its worth the effort.

Sorry Raphael. The only time I think it is fine for an app to bury the taskbar is when it is playing video fullscreen. Music for me in windows is something I have playing in addition to other things I am working on. Having Dopamine take over the full screen kills that view for me. Just as well you added two more views :) But I do like the standard mode with all the artists listed so I can change the track fairly quickly without needing playlists etc. 

Feature Request for consideration

Text window in the display is not always big enough, possible "fixes"

spJuLkt.png

• Track name instead of going up and down displays in a Artist - Track name and scrolls from left to right and back. The scroll can work on the same timer as the swap that is currently there.
  • Mouse Hover over text that goes off the screen causes the text to scroll until its all displayed. Removing hover resets text back to its starting position
  • Enable resize of window left and right so that you could effectively stretch the nano player across the length of a window to allow more text to display

Another feature that might be worth considering, is to have a Vertical as well as Horizontal nano player - Less likely to use this and I'm not sure there would be a nice way to display the text so as much as I'd like to try that as an option, I don't think its worth the effort.

Thanks for the tips! I'll look into it.

Afraid I'm not a fan, I'd prefer to see my taskbar. However I'm more likely to use micro/nano player or have it completely minimised.

Sorry Raphael. The only time I think it is fine for an app to bury the taskbar is when it is playing video fullscreen. Music for me in windows is something I have playing in addition to other things I am working on. Having Dopamine take over the full screen kills that view for me. Just as well you added two more views :) But I do like the standard mode with all the artists listed so I can change the track fairly quickly without needing playlists etc. 

No problem guys :) This functionality was asked by someone at some point. I'll remove it or at least make it optional in the next build.

I don't use fullscreen myself and wouldn't mind if it was removed, but if you wanted to keep it IMO the only thing that would be needed to fix 'fullscreen' mode would be to be to have separate buttons for maximize/fullscreen and/or have the F11 key engage fullscreen. I think the only thing people had a problem with was it replacing maximize.

I don't use fullscreen myself and wouldn't mind if it was removed, but if you wanted to keep it IMO the only thing that would be needed to fix 'fullscreen' mode would be to be to have separate buttons for maximize/fullscreen and/or have F11 engage fullscreen, I think the only thing people had a problem with was it replacing maximize.

Another extra button would be overkill, but I like your F11 idea :). Sounds logical.

I like the fullscreen, especially on my tablet, which I would have a hard time pressing a non-existant F11 key on.  I would prefer a toggle in the settings where you can choose if maximize goes fullscreen or leaves the taskbar visible.  Thanks for the new build, btw.  Between that and Windows 10 it feels like Christmas :D

I also like the F11 idea as I'm not a fan of getting the Taskbar hidden just after maximising the Dopamine window.

I'd like to try something crazy:

- provide an option in the settings (for those on tablets)

- AND provide the F11 option too

It's crazy, because you have to know that .NET doesn't let you switch between fullscreen and non-fullscreen maximizing in any easy way without side effects. I've been pulling hairs out again :)

Also, the Nano player size is so small that it is only possible to use such small window size when I remove the style of the window completely, which automatically causes fullscreen maximizing... arrghgh :)

Stay tuned

• Like 3

Dopamine is simply the best player I have used. Downloaded the build 236 preview and the UI is amazing. Although I am having a bit of issue. Dopamine only plays songs that are in the collection folder. But when I try to play a song from a thumb drive or any other folder (that hasn't been added to the collection), it simply won't play. When I double click such a file, Dopamine opens up and does nothing.

Dopamine is simply the best player I have used. Downloaded the build 236 preview and the UI is amazing. Although I am having a bit of issue. Dopamine only plays songs that are in the collection folder. But when I try to play a song from a thumb drive or any other folder (that hasn't been added to the collection), it simply won't play. When I double click such a file, Dopamine opens up and does nothing.

Raph will no doubt confirm but I don't think it supports that option yet, there is no open with support in Dopamine. 

That ability is in the pipeline.

It's also something I am very much looking forward to.

Raphael, I believe I've just found a minor bug. I'm currently testing Windows 10 build 10166 (clean install).

Well, using the latest version of Dopamine, v1.0.0 (Build 236), when I'm setting it up under "Settings->playback->Notification->Position of the notification", no matter which position I choose, when I click on the "Test" button, no popup window shows up.

The weird thing is that this feature does work when I play any song. But when I test it under settings, it doesn't.

I have a Radeon R9 290X and my video drivers are the recently released Catalyst 15.7 (v15.200.1046.0), in case this is relevant.

This Test feature did work with previous versions of Windows 10 as far as I can remember.

Let's see if someone else can reproduce it or if it's limited on my end.

Cheers!

Update: OK. Now this is interesting. The Test feature works as expected if while I'm setting it up, I have a song playing. If not, it doesn't.