Dopamine

Looks great, hope you are feeling better even though you work more on Dopamine when you are sick :p

Hah, well no :(, it got worse and I had to stop working on it. But I'll be back soon! :)

First off ...it's beautiful. but after loading my library it doesn't show any songs or albums or anything-the loading indicator just keeps spinning?

Could you tell me a bit more about this? And send me the log file? (press ctrl+L in the player to open the directory where the log is)

Edited by Raphaël G.

I'm using the date on which the album was added to the Dopamine collection. Are other players using another date?

I just looked into this a bit more and compared the date added lists between music players and yes; you're correct. They all just use their own database of when the file was added, not any file metadata. I guess the others just appeared more accurate because they have been running a lot longer, but when I actually compared the older music they were different between players.

Hey,

Would it be possible to add the option to use the Album Artist tag instead of the Artist tag for the Artists view in Dopamine? I've got quite a lot of compilation albums so it really screws with how I browse through artists.

bb.thumb.png.88bd0f9d8ee99d6b5b0f8e73d72 Compared to just showing Sarah Michelle Gellar: aa.thumb.png.733865d4a3be6896e283db431cd

Thanks,

Jan.

Hey,

Would it be possible to add the option to use the Album Artist tag instead of the Artist tag for the Artists view in Dopamine? I've got quite a lot of compilation albums so it really screws with how I browse through artists.

bb.thumb.png.88bd0f9d8ee99d6b5b0f8e73d72 Compared to just showing Sarah Michelle Gellar: aa.thumb.png.733865d4a3be6896e283db431cd

Thanks,

Jan.

Yes, and I want to do this pretty soon (like, just before adding tagging and rating support). I was thinking to do something similar to how Zune seems to do: treating track artists and album artists equally and showing both of them in the list of artists.

- Selecting a track artist would show all albums which contain songs from this artist, and show all tracks from this artist.
- Selecting an album artist would show the related albums of course

Would this make sense?

• Like 2

Still loving the progress :)

Issue I'm having is I have a fair number of MP3's with tags set that aren't showing up. I'm just getting the filename and Unknown Artist/Album/no image/etc. Metadata is correctly shown in Windows Explorer, and iTunes.

Still loving the progress :)

Issue I'm having is I have a fair number of MP3's with tags set that aren't showing up. I'm just getting the filename and Unknown Artist/Album/no image/etc. Metadata is correctly shown in Windows Explorer, and iTunes.

Could you send me one of those files? I'd like to check how the code acts on those tags. Thanks.

Also slowly started the program. Your program starts slowly?

Please define slowly? How long does it take to start? It does show a progress circle on the splash screen while loading the database.

Still loving this.

In addition to the keyboard control problem, one thing I note is that there is no context menu on clicking a folder with music to play that folder.

Please define slowly? How long does it take to start? It does show a progress circle on the splash screen while loading the database.

between 10-15 sec to start. Loading aimp example for 2-3 seconds. And an idea to add a list of recently played songs

Edited by kukata

I translated the program of the Bulgarian language, if you want I can give it to add it.

I'm going to group my anwsers under this one:

- Bulgarian language: yes please send it (you'll find my e-mail address in the about screen of Dopamine

- problem opening files from explorer: known and fixed for next build

- no option to play folders from explorer: functionality not implemented yet

- slow start: known, I can shave it off slightly, but not much. It's the time required to initialize the database

- keyboard problem: that's really going to follow me for the rest of my life :). I really can't reproduce it here yet. For now, all I can think off is that there is something "swallowing" the keypresses on your system. Not sure how to do something about that.

I'm going to group my anwsers under this one:

- Bulgarian language: yes please send it (you'll find my e-mail address in the about screen of Dopamine

- problem opening files from explorer: known and fixed for next build

- no option to play folders from explorer: functionality not implemented yet

- slow start: known, I can shave it off slightly, but not much. It's the time required to initialize the database

- keyboard problem: that's really going to follow me for the rest of my life :). I really can't reproduce it here yet. For now, all I can think off is that there is something "swallowing" the keypresses on your system. Not sure how to do something about that.

Not too sure if it's related or not but Chrome used to prevent media keys from working for me.

Hi all,

I got a very constructive PM about the design of the Nano Player. You all know that I had to make it taller, which got a lot of positive reactions (I'm happy about that, as making it taller allows me to remove a lot of crappy workarounds). However that introduced a new problem: the position of the window buttons. By making the window size higher, the buttons looked out of alignment with the rest of the content (see attached screenshot). I then decided to put the buttons under the cover picture, only shown by hovering with the mouse (similar to the Micro player). There was however only room for 2 buttons. I chose the most used buttons, which I think are the restore and minimize buttons. The close was moved to the right click menu under "Quit".

I'm open for suggestions. That's why I'm making this public.

nano player.png

I don't use nano player but my opinion is that restore and minimize buttons are the most important on the nano player, i better see restore and close buttons on mouse hovering. The goal of the nano player is to be always on screen, so minimize button may be not necessary or in the right click menu.

Oh and i'm impatient to see the next version :) !

Hi all,

I got a very constructive PM about the design of the Nano Player. You all know that I had to make it taller, which got a lot of positive reactions (I'm happy about that, as making it taller allows me to remove a lot of crappy workarounds). However that introduced a new problem: the position of the window buttons. By making the window size higher, the buttons looked out of alignment with the rest of the content (see attached screenshot). I then decided to put the buttons under the cover picture, only shown by hovering with the mouse (similar to the Micro player). There was however only room for 2 buttons. I chose the most used buttons, which I think are the restore and minimize buttons. The close was moved to the right click menu under "Quit".

I'm open for suggestions. That's why I'm making this public.

nano player.png

This looks like a great compromise, I like it!!! I use the nano player 99% of the time and this solution would be AWESOME! Thank you!!!

I don't use nano player but my opinion is that restore and close buttons are the most important on the nano player, i better see restore and close buttons on mouse hovering. The goal of the nano player is to be always on screen, so minimize button may be not necessary or in the right click menu.

Oh and i'm impatient to see the next version :) !

Agreed