Xbox One worth it for me?

If you can hear your fan call MS and they'll send out a replacement. Had the same issue, you shouldn't hear any whine. Mine started after about 6 months (Was a day one edition).

It's not terribly loud. It just emits a very low frequency that I seem to be able to pick up.

It's not terribly loud. It just emits a very low frequency that I seem to be able to pick up.

I would recommend contacting MS. You shouldn't hear anything. I have two of them, and there is no fan noise...nada.

• 1 month later...

I had an PS4 for about 8 months before jumping ship to the Xbox One.

The way I see it there are few different ways to look at it:

- want Sony exclusives stick with the PS4. Truth is though the PS4 exclusives haven't been great with the exception of the latest Infamous.

- want Microsoft exclusives the get an Xbox One. Halo is probably not going anywhere. Windows 10 will give you some level of streaming in the same building. That alone could put it over the top of you are looking for content

- where do your friends play? I switched because my friends all play on Xbox One now. Gaming for me is social so the tweaking and what not for me isn't really relevant. I want to side swipe my friends car in Forza Horizon 2, or pull off a Heist in GTA. Can't do that with someone on the other end of the game. Microsoft had been promising Xbox to PC multiplayer since I believe 2006 or 2007. Only one game I know of actually had it. Don't hold your breathe on that as an option. Hoverboards could be a reality by then.

- want the best graphics and frame rates? PC gaming is really the only way to go. It could cost you to stay on top of that curve though. PCs have always had far better graphics the consoles. Consoles have had better lifespan of support for the money then PC gaming.

Consoles have had better lifespan

It's not what it used to be.

While a PC is definitely more expensive than a console the lifespan of a PC is a lot better than it used to be.

My PC is close to 6 years old and still going strong. I added 4GB of ram to it which was an inexpensive upgrade. And I changed the video card twice. Went from a 5850 to a 670 and then a 970. But to be honest the 670 was still more than enough (it's about the same as a 960) i switched to a 970 just because i had some money to spend. Video card upgrades are not that bad as you can usually sell the old one for a good amount on money and usually get between 1 and 3 free games with the new one. Just have to wait for free games you are planning to buy. Overall i think i spent maybe between 400-500$ in the last 6 years on this PC for gaming (after selling old stuffs after upgrades) and got 3 free games while upgrading. And the 970 was not really needed so it could be less.

This PC has always been more powerful than a PS3/360 and i'm surprised to say that with a 970 so far it is more powerful than a One and PS4. It served me very well so far and i don't plan to upgrade before 2016.

I have both and i love my xbox but i use it as my cable box and video streamer as well as games soi its on 24/7.  Funny thing I played the crap out of infamous till i beat it didnt touch my ps4 for a few months till last of us came out on ps4 and went to turn it on and it was broke and had to go through hell with sony to get it replaced and then played the crap out of last of us after i got it back in a month and then didnt touch it for a few months and the other day i turned it on played a little dynasty warriors and it broke went crazy and froze on me and and again sony is sending me a new one.  It must not like sitting or something lol.

For the most part MS customer support has been great with the exception of 3 years ago when my account got hacked and somone spent money on my credit cards and although i was not happy with them HAVING to lock my account for 2 months while they investigated in the end they refunded the $200 dollars spent and sent me a codes for 1 year and a 3 month of xblive service and unfroze my account so i was happy.

I have both and i love my xbox but i use it as my cable box and video streamer as well as games soi its on 24/7.  Funny thing I played the crap out of infamous till i beat it didnt touch my ps4 for a few months till last of us came out on ps4 and went to turn it on and it was broke and had to go through hell with sony to get it replaced and then played the crap out of last of us after i got it back in a month and then didnt touch it for a few months and the other day i turned it on played a little dynasty warriors and it broke went crazy and froze on me and and again sony is sending me a new one.  It must not like sitting or something lol.

For the most part MS customer support has been great with the exception of 3 years ago when my account got hacked and somone spent money on my credit cards and although i was not happy with them HAVING to lock my account for 2 months while they investigated in the end they refunded the $200 dollars spent and sent me a codes for 1 year and a 3 month of xblive service and unfroze my account so i was happy.

I travel fairly often for my work which means that I don't start up my PS4 for 2-3 months at times, no issues here.

What was the issue when it broke the first time? Was it blu-ray drive related? did it get a game stuck in there or something? Or did it just fail to start-up one day?

Second time around did it fail the same way the first did?

Also why are you contacting MS customer support? Have you had issues with the Xbox One also recently?