Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

pSYvyxL.png

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, known in Japan as Touch! Kirby Super Rainbow (???????? ????????? Tatchi! K?b? S?p?reinb??) and in Europe as Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, is a 2015platforming video game in the Kirby series, developed by HAL Laboratory for Wii U. The title, which is a follow-up game of the 2005 Nintendo DS title Kirby: Canvas Curse,[3] was released by Nintendo on January 22, 2015 in Japan and will be released on February 20, 2015 in North America and the second half of 2015 in PAL regions. It supports the Amiibo figures of Kirby, Meta Knight and King Dedede.

pGEoeuu.png

Popular Japanese Gaming magazine Famitsu awarded Kirby and the Rainbow Curse a 34 out of 40, with one reviewer stating "Although guiding a character by drawing lines with the GamePad isn

It defies belief that this is to be released in Q3/Q4 in Europe. When a game like Pokemon (Which is text heavy) can have an internationally synchronised release, why can't this.

Steve B., on 09 Feb 2015 - 23:42, said:

It defies belief that this is to be released in Q3/Q4 in Europe. When a game like Pokemon (Which is text heavy) can have an internationally synchronised release, why can't this.

It's because "Pok

You'd be surprised.  I used to run a gaming site a long time ago, and got games to review, however, some of the press releases I got showed that EU lagged behind JP & NA by a few months in some cases.  There were cases where EU & JP got games that for some reason they refused to release in NA, but yet they wanted me to review them, but I always refused, because if they weren't going to release a game in NA, then there was no point in reviewing it.

I would imagine a lot of that text is also recycled, particularly the battle and menu scripts. Even the storylines must be fairly similar allowing them to speed it up.

Still doesn't explain why Kirby's text would take so long when it's the polar opposite :s