Titanfall 2 Confirmed, Coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC

By Luke KarmaliRespawn founder and CEO Vince Zampella has confirmed Titanfall 2 is in development and will be released on multiple platforms.

Speaking to IGN ahead of tonight's BAFTA Game Awards, Zampella, whose title is nominated in three categories, acknowledged the game's existence for the first time.

"I guess EA announced a sequel, so I could play coy and pretend I don't know anything about it, or

I guess it's good that it'll have a bigger audience this time around, but the first game didn't live up to the hype. I was really excited about it but was disappointed. It could have been much better.

If they add an actual story to the game, that would be a start.

• Like 2

So anything in this article that's actually news?  A guy mentioning a game we already knew was going to more platforms is news now?  Yeesh.

Yeah that's what I thought, it was already known that Titanfall was going to come to both Xbox and PS4 next time around. 

Here's the link from the article last time around. 

Had a great start but I quickly found myself playing it less and less.

I guess we'll see if the cloud really makes a difference when two platforms run the game now.

Did you not see the sub text? The cloud enhancements will be removed to ensure parity between the platforms ;)

Did you not see the sub text? The cloud enhancements will be removed to ensure parity between the platforms ;)

:p

Proof will be in the pudding, if the game can do everything of the first and more it doesn't matter how PR handle such questions.

To much of the original was still in development and DLC when it was released, if you could have downloaded what the game is now on release day I think it would have done a lot better. Hope they won't make the same mistake again... who am I kidding, it's getting worse, I'm looking at you EVOLVE.  :|

I guess we'll see if the cloud really makes a difference when two platforms run the game now.

They can use the same cloud on other platforms. It is just cheaper+easier to use on Xbox. ;)

To much of the original was still in development and DLC when it was released, if you could have downloaded what the game is now on release day I think it would have done a lot better. Hope they won't make the same mistake again... who am I kidding, it's getting worse, I'm looking at you EVOLVE.  :|

I don't think we're ever going to move away from the additional maps as DLC.

You'd think that all the extra modes/changes they made to the game over time will make it into the game from day one. 

They can use the same cloud on other platforms. It is just cheaper+easier to use on Xbox. ;)

That I could happily agree with if it's true (probably is). It's claims of technical advantages I watch with a close eye.

It was on three platforms; Xbox One, 360 and PC.

Seems to work the same on all three.

:p

Proof will be in the pudding, if the game can do everything of the first and more it doesn't matter how PR handle such questions.

But being an experienced Gamer you should know that a game that was pushed out not long after launch compared to a game that is written a year or two down the line will be completely different regardless of other factors. Games get better over time when a dev gets used to the environment they are working with.

Secondly we all know the PS4 is the more powerful console, if it can do what the XB1 did a few months after launch without "the cloud" then well done, but I really would not expect any shocked faces, that's just the nature of evolution and the benefit of having a more powerful system to start with.

So does this really have to turn into a "the cloud is a sham" thread? Be happy that the world of exclusives just took a tumble without having to (imo) stoke the fires of those who do believe MS will be able to bring their console to higher places into a topic for no real reason other than to get a reaction.

But being an experienced Gamer you should know that a game that was pushed out not long after launch compared to a game that is written a year or two down the line will be completely different regardless of other factors. Games get better over time when a dev gets used to the environment they are working with.

Secondly we all know the PS4 is the more powerful console, if it can do what the XB1 did a few months after launch without "the cloud" then well done, but I really would not expect any shocked faces, that's just the nature of evolution and the benefit of having a more powerful system to start with.

So does this really have to turn into a "the cloud is a sham" thread? Be happy that the world of exclusives just took a tumble without having to (imo) stoke the fires of those who do believe MS will be able to bring their console to higher places into a topic for no real reason other than to get a reaction.

The technical performance of the physical hardware isn't in question here, it's what can be done with the cloud. If the same benefits of the cloud can be experienced equally over two different platforms then that will further reinforce the cloud isn't something you lay claims to as an exclusive benefit.

The cloud was also never a sham, what was said of it arguably was. Matchmaking, servers and all of the online components are what it's being used for.

Titanfall just happens to be one of the poster boys for the cloud claims, so yeah, it will be interesting to see how a multiplatform Titan fall goes. It's easy to say a title can only be done on this platform when it's an exclusive.

That I could happily agree with if it's true (probably is). It's claims of technical advantages I watch with a close eye.

Isn't it a technical advantage if PS4 doesn't have support built into its SDK like XDK does?

If you are referring to the usual cloud bashing "but this won't close the perf. gap in GPU", Titanfall never claimed as such and not sure if this is the right topic for it..

The technical performance of the physical hardware isn't in question here, it's what can be done with the cloud. If the same benefits of the cloud can be experienced equally over two different platforms then that will further reinforce the cloud isn't something you lay claims to as an exclusive benefit.

The cloud was also never a sham, what was said of it arguably was. Matchmaking, servers and all of the online components are what it's being used for.

Titanfall just happens to be one of the poster boys for the cloud claims, so yeah, it will be interesting to see how a multiplatform Titan fall goes. It's easy to say a title can only be done on this platform when it's an exclusive.

Ok let me put it another way - I don't think this is the thread to discuss that as it will only derail into those who think it makes a difference and those who do not.

Isn't it a technical advantage if PS4 doesn't have support built into its SDK like XDK does?

If you are referring to the usual cloud bashing "but this won't close the perf. gap in GPU", Titanfall never claimed as such and not sure if this is the right topic for it..

I can't speak much about the PS4 SDK as I simply do not know. But the good thing about the SDK is it is everchanging. I would have thought with support for Gaikai/PSNow it has some sort of framework. Either way as I've said it makes a multiplatform Titanfall interesting to see if it can be done equally as good.

It was on three platforms; Xbox One, 360 and PC.

Seems to work the same on all three.

All three versions used the cloud network

For those who have not played TF, trust when I tell you this.  It is the smoothest MP game to date.

Rather someone jumps in or drops out of a game,no lag cheat or anything.

There is no MP game out that tops TF to date.

This is not a biased statement.