For those who have not played TF, trust when I tell you this.  It is the smoothest MP game to date.

Rather someone jumps in or drops out of a game,no lag cheat or anything.

There is no MP game out that tops TF to date.

This is not a biased statement.

Whilst this is true, it did take them a long time to get there. Again fingers crossed that there will be lessons learned from the first one. 

It's simple, if you expect to sell a high number of copies, yet limit it to a system, it's has to hit a home run with the first hit, or your going to be disappointed. 

The timing was poor also, it had to do well before quickly before CoD, Destiny came out as well.  

Last one wasn't XBox exclusive either.  I seem to remember a PC version.

What other platform was it on besides a Microsoft platform?

Secondly we all know the PS4 is the more powerful console

While true, it's not by much, and not enough to make a big difference.

Not surprised by the possible move to more platforms than the 3 it was already released to. Though I distinctly remember those that didn't have those platforms to play the game on thought the game didn't look good. I don't imagine they will get the game anyway then.

<snip>

While true, it's not by much, and not enough to make a big difference.

Not surprised by the possible move to more platforms than the 3 it was already released to. Though I distinctly remember those that didn't have those platforms to play the game on thought the game didn't look good. I don't imagine they will get the game anyway then.

Ok, more powerful may be a a wrong choice of words (depending on your opinion) but more its the platform that is achieving more with what its got. Whether that is hardware related, ease of SDK or whatever other reason you can think of. I don't think anyone can disagree that it's hitting or close to hitting 1080/60 than the XB1 is.

For those who have not played TF, trust when I tell you this.  It is the smoothest MP game to date.

Rather someone jumps in or drops out of a game,no lag cheat or anything.

There is no MP game out that tops TF to date.

This is not a biased statement.

:rofl:  You are too funny man. Such jokes, mucho funny. Not but really,

I don't think anyone can disagree that it's hitting or close to hitting 1080/60 than the XB1 is.

Indeed. Early on it was a struggle for the X1 due to the SDK and some of the Kinect reserve. Luckily both have been improved, and DX12 coming out, the parity has been and will continue to be more consistent. In the end, both consoles are struggling, and probably always will, to hit 1080p 60fps locked games (unless there isn't a lot going on). We will pretty much have 1080p 30fps consistently locked consoles by the end of the gen. If we ever do see any barebones 4K games (and if Sony decides to make/allow 4K games), the memory and GPU of the PS4 will likely fare much better in this regard. But for the most part, they will be on equal footing for the 1080p environment.

Indeed. Early on it was a struggle for the X1 due to the SDK and some of the Kinect reserve. Luckily both have been improved, and DX12 coming out, the parity has been and will continue to be more consistent. In the end, both consoles are struggling, and probably always will, to hit 1080p 60fps locked games (unless there isn't a lot going on). We will pretty much have 1080p 30fps consistently locked consoles by the end of the gen. If we ever do see any barebones 4K games (and if Sony decides to make/allow 4K games), the memory and GPU of the PS4 will likely fare much better in this regard. But for the most part, they will be on equal footing for the 1080p environment.

It can't do 4K games. I don't think it's something that could be patched or changed either. The hardware is just too underpowered to do 4K.

It can't do 4K games. I don't think it's something that could be patched or changed either. The hardware is just too underpowered to do 4K.

They can, and they were quoted that they can do them (the PS4 could do better), but I imagine them to be just some over the top type of game, 2D, such as a game similar to Risk. Not that it matters to me, as I currently do not own a 4K TV. Once Sony and MS release 4K video support on the consoles, I will upgrade my TV.

They can, and they were quoted that they can do them (the PS4 could do better), but I image them to be just some over the top type of game, 2D, such as a game similar to Risk. Not that it matters to me, as I currently do not own a 4K TV. Once Sony and MS release 4K video support on the consoles, I will upgrade my TV.

No, it can't do games. Only 4K video or images.

Support for high-resolution 4K output for still images and movie content is in consideration, but there are no further details to share at this time. PS4 does not currently support 4K output for games.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

But you know, coming directly from Sony that might not be trustworthy... I'll await your quote.

All three versions used the cloud network

TF on PC did not use Azure...  It used EA's servers...

:rofl:  You are too funny man. Such jokes, mucho funny. Not but really,

This is a true statement...

People may or may not like TF, but when it comes to MP experience, TF tops KZ:SF, CoD, Halo:MCC, BF4, and whatever else MP shooter out on the market as we speak...

TF on PC did not use Azure...  It used EA's servers...

Are you sure? I was under the same impression and then found this.

" Titanfall uses the Xbox Live Cloud to run dedicated servers for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360."

Source

when it comes to MP experience, TF tops KZ:SF, CoD, Halo:MCC, BF4, and whatever else MP shooter out on the market as we speak...

This is true, at least based on my experience. I have played every next gen shooter online, and TF can't be touched.

• Like 1

This is a true statement...

People may or may not like TF, but when it comes to MP experience, TF tops KZ:SF, CoD, Halo:MCC, BF4, and whatever else MP shooter out on the market as we speak...

This is true, at least based on my experience. I have played every next gen shooter online, and TF can't be touched.

If you're talking about gameplay that's your opinion :) If you're talking about matchmaking, lobbies modes etc that would be up for debate.

Seems like there's scope for so much more in this franchise. I bought TF when it was cheap on Origin a few months back and did get some good fun out of it but have found myself drifting back to Battlefield now.

Would like to see a bigger variety of Titans, perhaps some other vehicles? 

Evidence would strongly suggest otherwise. This must be a console thing. Oh you kids and your consoles :D

They can, and they were quoted that they can do them (the PS4 could do better), but I imagine them to be just some over the top type of game, 2D, such as a game similar to Risk. Not that it matters to me, as I currently do not own a 4K TV. Once Sony and MS release 4K video support on the consoles, I will upgrade my TV.

4K on current "next gen" consoles: Not gonna happen, atleast not natively, maybe 4K video services, but definately never gaming. Wait another 6 years or so and the new consoles might do 1080P consistenly and maybe 1440P. So ja, we'll have to wait for next next "Gen" consoles.

If you're talking about gameplay that's your opinion :) If you're talking about matchmaking, lobbies modes etc that would be up for debate.

I'm talking matchmaking, lobbies, drop ins/outs etc...

Like I said, people may or may not like the style of play when it comes to TF...  But the things mentioned above are top notch.

These things are helped by being on a stable dedicated server infrastructure. Rather it be Azure, or anyone else who can offer the service, the service has to be consistent and world wide

Mechanically, it's a very cool game. But without any meaningful single player campaign or story it's just a series of death matches.

Now if they made a Halo-esque campaign for this with story, characters, pacing, and vast explorable areas I think you'd see a lot more success.

-Forjo

Mechanically, it's a very cool game. But without any meaningful single player campaign or story it's just a series of death matches.

Now if they made a Halo-esque campaign for this with story, characters, pacing, and vast explorable areas I think you'd see a lot more success.

-Forjo

Look at the two of the largest (on console) MP games. With both CoD and BF most people don't even bother with the single player campaign, I would guess that the same would apply with Titanfall. 

More modes would be cool, but they do have more than just death matches. 

Look at the two of the largest (on console) MP games. With both CoD and BF most people don't even bother with the single player campaign, I would guess that the same would apply with Titanfall. 

More modes would be cool, but they do have more than just death matches. 

My post is definitely my opinion. But you assert that "most people don't bother with single player". What is your source for that? I know multiplayer is very popular, but I don't think it's enough to carry a AAA game -- which is why I think Titanfall failed to live up to expectations.

-Forjo

4K on current "next gen" consoles: Not gonna happen, atleast not natively, maybe 4K video services, but definately never gaming. Wait another 6 years or so and the new consoles might do 1080P consistenly and maybe 1440P. So ja, we'll have to wait for next next "Gen" consoles.

I am just going by what MS has officially stated. That 4K gaming is coming to the Xbox One (which they reinstated last year), and is supported. If they plan on it (according to them officially), then there is no reason the PS4 can't (as on paper, the hardware is more powerful on the PS4 and would do a better job). Not that I can imagine anything good can come out of those most likely simple games.

But I am only going by official word. Whether or not we will ever see it, I have no idea.

I quite liked the mechanics, design, etc.... but playing the same 6 (or whatever) maps ad nauseam with cobbled together teams (and poor matchmaking on top of that) just utterly destroyed the game. I would love to play more of it... if there were more of it to play.

I quite liked the mechanics, design, etc.... but playing the same 6 (or whatever) maps ad nauseam with cobbled together teams (and poor matchmaking on top of that) just utterly destroyed the game. I would love to play more of it... if there were more of it to play.

My copy came with 15 maps.