My post is definitely my opinion. But you assert that "most people don't bother with single player". What is your source for that? I know multiplayer is very popular, but I don't think it's enough to carry a AAA game -- which is why I think Titanfall failed to live up to expectations.

-Forjo

An easy source. Steam does a great job of tracking achievements earned. Out of all of the copies of Black Ops, only 45% completed the SP campaign, and it was 56% from MW3 and MW2.

And even if people do play the SP campaign, again it mostly be the once and then that's it. A lot more time is spent playing the MP, look at the source and for CoD the mean time spent playing MP vs SP was rougly 1/5 Source

May be if Titanfall 2 comes to a wider audience it'll warrant a more focussed SP campaign, but again I'd prefer a MP that hits the nail on the head and having SP and MP with both being mediocre. 

I quite liked the mechanics, design, etc.... but playing the same 6 (or whatever) maps ad nauseam with cobbled together teams (and poor matchmaking on top of that) just utterly destroyed the game. I would love to play more of it... if there were more of it to play.

You should definitely look at trying the game again, there are more modes and the matchmaking is a lot better than when it was first released. 

Most people playing Call of Duty don't bother with single player maybe, because it's terrible.

I mean, I've only played Modern Warfare 1 and Black Ops 2, but BO2s had some moments so cheesy I can't believe they didn't replace them entirely.

I just don't think the time spent playing through the campaign warrants the time and effort spent creating them. SP campaigns in BF and CoD can usually be completed around the 6-8 hour mark on regular difficulty. 

Normally I won't buy a game without one.

I mean, if they want to sell me a game without a campaign, it'd better be half price or something (if not free to play.)

Titanfall was a special case, since it was a new developer (and I still loved the campaign!)

An easy source. Steam does a great job of tracking achievements earned. Out of all of the copies of Black Ops, only 45% completed the SP campaign, and it was 56% from MW3 and MW2.

And even if people do play the SP campaign, again it mostly be the once and then that's it. A lot more time is spent playing the MP, look at the source and for CoD the mean time spent playing MP vs SP was rougly 1/5 Source

May be if Titanfall 2 comes to a wider audience it'll warrant a more focussed SP campaign, but again I'd prefer a MP that hits the nail on the head and having SP and MP with both being mediocre. 

You should definitely look at trying the game again, there are more modes and the matchmaking is a lot better than when it was first released. 

I don't think that 45% of people completing the SP campaign supports the conclusion that "most people don't bother" with SP. If 45% actually finished it then greater than 45% actually played some of it.

Your 1:5 source for CoD is interesting, but doesn't really support the conclusion. Sure, when people play CoD multiplayer, they play 5 times as many mean hours as single-player. But I think that says more about the CoD campaign than single-player as a game mode. If you look at the rest of the chart, you'll see that more people overall play single-player than multiplayer (if not for as many hours). The rest of the article seems to indicate that single-player games (or games with a single-player mode) are very important to a great many people.

I think even after reading your cited data, I think Titanfall would have been FAR more successful had it included, as I said, a "Halo-esque campaign for this with story, characters, pacing, and vast explorable areas".

In other words, a single-player campaigns deserving of it's concept and mechanics.

-Forjo

• Like 1

Normally I won't buy a game without one.

I mean, if they want to sell me a game without a campaign, it'd better be half price or something (if not free to play.)

Titanfall was a special case, since it was a new developer (and I still loved the campaign!)

Since it was devs formerly of the CoD: MW team, maybe it's best they didn't have a campaign mode, no?

I am just going by what MS has officially stated. That 4K gaming is coming to the Xbox One 

Oh great, just what we need, games @ 4K running at 5fps.

Xbox one can't come close to running games @ 1080p, for god sakes they'll never run at 4K.

• Like 3

Oh great, just what we need, games @ 4K running at 5fps.

Xbox one can't come close to running games @ 1080p, for god sakes they'll never run at 4K.

We are not sure what you are talking about. Most games on the Xbox One are 1080p. I don't understand why some insist on spreading fud.

I love how everyone who either never played the game or only played it for a couple of hours but insisted or implied it was terrible is now excited for its sequel :p

That said, I'm glad more people will finally give the soon-to-be franchise a chance. I've dropped 431 hours into the game on Xbox One -- by far the most I've put into a game in years -- and play it constantly.

• Like 3

I love how everyone who either never played the game or only played it for a couple of hours but insisted or implied it was terrible is now excited for its sequel :p

That said, I'm glad more people will finally give the soon-to-be franchise a chance. I've dropped 431 hours into the game on Xbox One -- by far the most I've put into a game in years -- and play it constantly.

People kill me with that.. All you heard last year is "TitanFall sucks", Titanfall has no true single player campaign, EPIC FAIL"

Now that EA has come out and said TF will most likely be multi-plat, folks. Singing different tune. "Oh now we get to see one of the best shooters, on the best console" and crap like that.

Doesn't bother me if TF goes multi-platform. As long as the game still runs on Azure on Xbox, it's all good with me...

• Like 2

I just ordered a new vidcard so I'll have to get back into the first one.

That one time the enemy was retreating and I landed a Titan on the last guy, whom I didn't even know was there?

Classic.

Now that EA has come out and said TF will most likely be multi-plat, folks. Singing different tune. "Oh now we get to see one of the best shooters, on the best console" and crap like that.

Who exactly? :wacko: I've not seen a single post like that in this topic. If you're bad mouthing another forum for those types of posts, please put an end to it here.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

We are not sure what you are talking about. Most games on the Xbox One are 1080p. I don't understand why some insist on spreading fud.

By your logic most games can be 4K as well, never mind that they will run at PICTURESQUE 3 frames per minute.

This was a given from the start, I mean it's EA, 3rd party publishers are all going multiplatform unless Sony or MS pay to publish it or some other deal.

Anyway, since we're talking next year for this, probably, if MS does things like they say, then they should be asking EA to bring this to the Windows Store with XBL support and cross-play. Sure EA has origin on the PC but it wouldn't hurt them in the least to do it.

How about online play option with PC,xbox and PS4 users...each could be on their own teams. They could call it platform wars. PC owners might win all the time but I bet all users would still get a kick out of playing it anyway.

Last one wasn't XBox exclusive either.  I seem to remember a PC version.

microsoft exclusive :rofl:

This was a given from the start, I mean it's EA, 3rd party publishers are all going multiplatform unless Sony or MS pay to publish it or some other deal.

Anyway, since we're talking next year for this, probably, if MS does things like they say, then they should be asking EA to bring this to the Windows Store with XBL support and cross-play. Sure EA has origin on the PC but it wouldn't hurt them in the least to do it.

microsoft should be trying to push this with every game that releases on both Xbox and windows.

hope they do release a propper PC games store this time with an Xbox type store for AAA titles and not full of tablet/phone games.

EA has talked about wanting Cross Buy before so I could definitely see it happen, but they might not want to support two different storefronts and I don't see them giving up Origin.  I guess we'll see.

(Though that could be the real reason for EA Access in the first place, who knows?)

I would like to see a fleshed out campaign as I do think they could create a real good one.

+100 for a proper campaign