• 2 weeks later...

Looks like TiFa2 is the casualty of the three FPS games out this quarter. It sold less than half of what TiFa1 did on X1/360. https://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=2543&s=1111

Not sure what EA were thinking by putting it up against BF1. BF1 has not only outsold BF4 and BFH combined week 1 sales, but experiencing great second week sales for the series.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 5:11 AM, Andrew said:

Looks like TiFa2 is the casualty of the three FPS games out this quarter. It sold less than half of what TiFa1 did on X1/360. https://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=2543&s=1111

Not sure what EA were thinking by putting it up against BF1. BF1 has not only outsold BF4 and BFH combined week 1 sales, but experiencing great second week sales for the series.

Probably that delaying it three to six months when it's done just loses more money and puts it up against other titles everyone wants.  I'm not confident that the UK market reflects the global market, but I'm sure we'll find out eventually.  Since it's an EA Partners game IIRC rather than a direct EA game they may or may not talk about it.

Personally, BF1 can go find a nearby dumpster fire to jump in while I play Titanfall 2. =)

12 minutes ago, LostCat said:

Probably that delaying it three to six months when it's done just loses more money and puts it up against other titles everyone wants.  I'm not confident that the UK market reflects the global market, but I'm sure we'll find out eventually.  Since it's an EA Partners game IIRC rather than a direct EA game they may or may not talk about it.

Personally, BF1 can go find a nearby dumpster fire to jump in while I play Titanfall 2. =)

Such as? Bearing in mind I'm talking about FPS.

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Such as? Bearing in mind I'm talking about FPS.

I don't know.  I haven't been paying attention to the release schedules lately, I don't know when anything is coming out past this point.

All I know is generally the run up to Christmas is where everyone wants to be.

4 minutes ago, LostCat said:

I don't know.  I haven't been paying attention to the release schedules lately, I don't know when anything is coming out past this point.

All I know is generally the run up to Christmas is where everyone wants to be.

Only two FPS I can see are Dead Island 2 and Prey. The former is in development hell and possibly cancelled.

Looks like delaying it would have been the better choice IMO.

Regardless of the quality of Tifa2 (I've read that they turned it around after the terrible beta), it seems to have flopped in the UK. Even Skyrim SE beat it :|

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Only two FPS I can see are Dead Island 2 and Prey. The former is in development hell and possibly cancelled.

I was under the impression Crackdown, Mass Effect: Andromeda, and Destiny 2 were early next year for action/FPS/FPRPG, but I couldn't really say.

1 hour ago, LostCat said:

I was under the impression Crackdown, Mass Effect: Andromeda, and Destiny 2 were early next year for action/FPS/FPRPG, but I couldn't really say.

Crackdown and Mass Effect are 3rd person, and Destiny isn't even officially announced, but I'm sure it will arrive in time for Xmas 2017.

20 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Crackdown and Mass Effect are 3rd person, and Destiny isn't even officially announced, but I'm sure it will arrive in time for Xmas 2017.

Either way if they sell as well as I expect them to they're all competition, and that was only off the top of my head...there are undoubtedly some I missed, especially since I don't follow Sony at all.

3 minutes ago, LostCat said:

Either way if they sell as well as I expect them to they're all competition, and that was only off the top of my head...there are undoubtedly some I missed, especially since I don't follow Sony at all.

I checked the release calendar and those were all I could see, which I mentioned before. Either way, what's done is done.

Titanfall 2 release date couldn't be changed, producer says

http://www.shacknews.com/article/97504/ea-teases-more-titanfall-games-and-the-possibility-of-hd-remasters-during-todays-earnings-report

You can have your doom and gloom and you can eat it too.

Jorgensen did not divulge sales numbers for Titanfall 2, released this past Friday. Analysts predicted doom and gloom over the weekend, but Jorgensen came across as optimistic when he said that EA will partner with Respawn on Titanfall games for "many years to come."

I'm very happy. The single player campaign has a lot of work in it. The feel of movement, the variety and detail of the maps... even the sounds are spot on. Guns sound right. And there are TONS of guns.

I have two main complaints; the campaign is pretty linear, and there is a lack of local games with bots or survival game modes.

I'm only playing it in the daytime so far (hey I have a great sound system) but I love it.  Don't intend to pick up multi until after the campaign.

It's kind of a surprise the variety of it all, and how different a lot of the environments are so far.  I'm not sure what I was expecting I suppose but definitely interesting.

Cripes that ending haha.  Woo!  Alright.

I'm not sure if I'd give it 85 or 90 but it's definitely up there, even with what seemed like a pretty short campaign.  I'm going to work on finishing Mankind Divided before I jump into multiplayer most likely.

There's some sreenshots here from TF2 comparing the graphics between PS4 and PS4 Pro, PS4 Pro and PC and PS4 and PC.

Source