Microsoft Employee disrespectful

So, I called Microsoft today because of an issue with my product key, the guy was very rude, he was telling me I can't upgrade to windows 8, was arguing with me, then telling me I'm wrong, laughing at me, then at the end after we figured it out, he says " I TOLD you so, I told you so"  And I told him.... You know.... you should be a little more professional .... then he was like , well I was right, I told you so. I said you're acting childish, let me speak to your supervisor, and he said ok but they wont really do anything.  So I told the supervisor what happened and he said he would talk to the employee, etc... I wonder if he really will?  Honestly, I've NEVER been more disrespected I don't think.... not even comcast talked to me like that! 

Dude, it's probably some dropkick in an Indian call center - I wouldn't get worked up about it. 

Thank you, come again.

yeah true lol, but microsoft shouldn't be hiring them if they don't know microsoft products He told me I needed to do a clean install, I CAN'T upgrade, I have to do a CLEAN INSTALL, which is complete B.S. I told him, listen that's not true, I used the upgrade file I downloaded from Microsoft last time, and it worked... so why not now?? AND I TOld him I clicked the link from the email MICROSOFT sent me, He told me NOT to use it , and go to tinyurl.com/microsoft   (or something similiar)

Dude, it's probably some dropkick in an Indian call center - I wouldn't get worked up about it. 

Thank you, come again.

Please power cycle the router and reinstall Java.

• Like 3

yeah true lol, but microsoft shouldn't be hiring them if they don't know microsoft products He told me I needed to do a clean install, I CAN'T upgrade, I have to do a CLEAN INSTALL, which is complete B.S. I told him, listen that's not true, I used the upgrade file I downloaded from Microsoft last time, and it worked... so why not now?? AND I TOld him I clicked the link from the email MICROSOFT sent me, He told me NOT to use it , and go to tinyurl.com/microsoft   (or something similiar)

Microsoft support has been garbage since about 2005 when it all went to India.  I know, I trained my own replacements and most of them were morons.

Thank you, come again.

Still someone technically working for MS and really not an excuse

With that said, there are people like that in any company.  You get jerks, someone who is having a bad day.  It's the frequency of the bad experiences that make a difference.   Not even in the same realm as Comcast.

I've had my own issues with MS support, and others.  Mostly the language barrier.  But 99.9 percent of the time, never had a problem with MS.

Still someone technically working for MS and really not an excuse

With that said, there are people like that in any company.  You get jerks, someone who is having a bad day.  It's the frequency of the bad experiences that make a difference.   Not even in the same realm as Comcast.

I've had my own issues with MS support, and others.  Mostly the language barrier.  But 99.9 percent of the time, never had a problem with MS.

I'd bet my next paycheck they don't work for MS.  MS contracts out much of their support.

I'd bet my next paycheck they don't work for MS.  MS contracts out much of their support.

And as long as the contractors make their quotas, how they get there doesn't matter to MS, sad really 

They still represent MS.  That was my point.  And MS is paying them.

And as long as the contractors make their quotas, how they get there doesn't matter to MS, sad really 

It should matter.  Which sucks.  Miss the good old days where the customer more important.  Now, it is just more of making a buck than anything else.

well i'm really disapointed because in my country the support is local and they are pretty helpful; the licesing agents, however, really depends who you will get but in general it's good.

We say that, but reality is quite different.

Not really.  MS pays for their services and to represent them.  When you call them, they represent themselves as MS.  Anything really negative that happens with them reflects on MS.  Look at all the bad publicity that Apple gets from Foxconn and the treatment of employees from the companies that build their products.  Lots of people dont know they are calling a different country or someone contracted to work for a company.

Not really.  MS pays for their services and to represent them.  When you call them, they represent themselves as MS.  Anything really negative that happens with them reflects on MS.  Look at all the bad publicity that Apple gets from Foxconn and the treatment of employees from the companies that build their products.  Lots of people dont know they are calling a different country or someone contracted to work for a company.

Ever the optimist.

Sweatshop-like conditions are not the same thing as poor customer service.  I did my time as Microsoft support when I was younger, as well as a couple other companies.  You represent the company that hired you, not the ones contracting your company.  That is just how it is.  MS isn't paying them, and they don't see themselves as MS employees.  As long as this disconnect exists, there will be less than stellar motivation on the part of the employee.  When I worked for Convergys, we would say we were MS employees.  Were we?  Heck no.  Did we represent MS?  Not really.  Our number one metric was call time.  The more calls you answer, the more Convergys gets paid by MS.  MS's metric was customer satisfaction.  Not the same thing, not by a long shot.  I can't tell you how many times I was yelled at and written up for taking the extra time to make sure a customer got their problem fixed on the first call.

Ever the optimist.

Sweatshop-like conditions are not the same thing as poor customer service.  I did my time as Microsoft support when I was younger, as well as a couple other companies.  You represent the company that hired you, not the ones contracting your company.  That is just how it is.  MS isn't paying them, and they don't see themselves as MS employees.  As long as this disconnect exists, there will be less than stellar motivation on the part of the employee.  When I worked for Convergys, we would say we were MS employees.  Were we?  Heck no.  Did we represent MS?  Not really.  Our number one metric was call time.  The more calls you answer, the more Convergys gets paid by MS.  MS's metric was customer satisfaction.  Not the same thing, not by a long shot.

Employee works for contract company.  Contact company works for and is paid by MS.  Employee indirectly works for MS.  And when you call support it is "Hello, thank you for calling Microsoft.  How may I help you"  not "Hello, thank you for calling (insert contact company name) and we work for Microsoft. How may I help you.  Most people don't know they are calling a company contracted by MS to assist you.  Whether it be MS, or any other company, they have a responsibility to make sure who they are paying to represent them does so in a professional way.

But again, I never really had a problem myself with MS support other than the support person not being able to understand or speak english.  And most companies have these problems. Some more than others.

Employee works for contract company.  Contact company works for and is paid by MS.  Employee indirectly works for MS.  And when you call support it is "Hello, thank you for calling Microsoft.  How may I help you"  not "Hello, thank you for calling (insert contact company name) and we work for Microsoft. How may I help you.  Most people don't know they are calling a company contracted by MS to assist you.  Whether it be MS, or any other company, they have a responsibility to make sure who they are paying to represent them does so in a professional way.

But again, I never really had a problem myself with MS support other than the support person not being able to understand or speak english.  And most companies have these problems. Some more than others.

The people working these jobs simply don't care, and the companies employing them don't give them a reason to.

The people working these jobs simply don't care, and the companies employing them don't give them a reason to.

Agreed, but that wasnt my point.  Its the company who is paying others to represent them that should care more and do something about it.  And it reflects on the the company paying the bill, not the contract company as their name isnt know or announced when you call.

Agreed, but that wasnt my point.  Its the company who is paying others to represent them that should care more and do something about it.  And it reflects on the the company paying the bill, not the contract company as their name isnt know or announced when you call.

However, you *are* hitting on my point.  These employees should care, but they do not for the reasons I stated.  We do not live in a world of sunshine and employees that always do what they "should".

Funny because i've had an issue with Apple support: they were really nice and sympathetic, but the technical wisdom was pretty lacking to a point were i was pointing them to the papers because they simply didn't know. But they were very friendly (of course that didn't help at all)!

call centers techs have really tought jobs; i know a few of them due to calling them every other week lol but most of them do care and try to be professionals as possible; third world countries may face a different reality though.

Funny because i've had an issue with Apple support: they were really nice and sympathetic, but the technical wisdom was pretty lacking to a point were i was pointing them to the papers because they simply didn't know. But they were very friendly (of course that didn't help at all)!

call centers techs have really tought jobs; i know a few of them due to calling them every other week lol but most of them do care and try to be professionals as possible; third world countries may face a different reality though.

I don't think Apple does traditional call centers.

Microsoft support has been garbage since about 2005 when it all went to India.  I know, I trained my own replacements and most of them were morons.

I think it depends which Microsoft you are talking to. Xbox support is a mix of American and South American call centers (im my experience). I never had to do Windows customer support so don't really know.

However, you *are* hitting on my point.  These employees should care, but they do not for the reasons I stated.  We do not live in a world of sunshine and employees that always do what they "should".

I doubt if this guy was a direct employee.

I don't think Apple does traditional call centers.

i dunno but honestly does it matter for the consumer? all they want is a) their problems solved b) sympathy and efficiency and c) low cost for the problem solving (if free then it's the best).

i dunno but honestly does it matter for the consumer? all they want is a) their problems solved b) sympathy and efficiency and c) low cost for the problem solving (if free then it's the best).

Of course it doesn't matter, but that wasn't my point anyway.  I trained a lot of these bafoons years ago, they do not care, and they do not see it as themselves representing MS, they represent the company paying them.  More often than not, that means their goals are call times, not customer service.  Two calls on the same issue pays better than one, and that is how many contracted companies look at it.

If you have a problem with that person, just hang up and call back and you will get a different person who answer your call.  That's simple.

Employee laughs on the phone is a bad person... he/she is not professional. Which means doesn't care about you... also is a hater.

I have not had a problem with MS support so far.. I had a call with them about 2 weeks ago when I had an activation problem with my 8.1 key. The support was great!