$10k Ethernet Cables for true AUDIO!

For true networking it is time we follow the advice from Monster and buy gold plated or silver plated Ethernet cables in case the 1s and 0s in the packets get caught in bends. It is soo fast it will transmit data and change the laws of physics and make better sound quality off bad speakers if you plug it into a NAS or router. What do you guys think?

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/15/02/10/0257227/10k-ethernet-cable-claims-audio-fidelity-if-youre-stupid-enough-to-buy-it

Enron, on 13 Feb 2015 - 21:31, said:

This is the perfect gift for someone who wipes their butt with $100 bills, just because they can.

Actually you know the toilet paper that is in Kleenex like outlets in the toilets in luxury hotels?

I always wanted to wipe my ass with $100 with this as a dispenser if I ever won the lottery. As messed up as this sounds

I bought 10 of these and my datacenter throughput SKYROCKETED and I never have any file server issues, data loss, and also I have 10 hot guys make me gourmet food every meal and I got a free bentley!

• Like 3

This is the perfect gift for someone who wipes their butt with $100 bills, just because they can.

Wiping with $100 bills is not very comfortable, especially new ones, they're not very soft at all............

• Like 3

Great marketing, sell something totally outrageous so it gets picked up in the news.

Then get loads of traffic to your site and boost your search engine page ranking, all for free.

wouldn't this really be an issue when it comes to the ability of a material matter to transmit a signal or conduct a signal that is of electrical properties?

doesn't gold conduct a signal better than steel or metal and don't we use silver in CPU's due to the abilities to conduct the signals of the unit?

I'm not of ANY scientific background but water also conducts eletricity/signal as well.

???????

Wiping with $100 bills is not very comfortable, especially new ones, they're not very soft at all............

Have you tried it? It's 75% cotton/25% linen. I would imagine it would feel pretty good if you hold Independence Hall and wipe with Franklin.

• Like 2

Have you tried it? It's 75% cotton/25% linen. I would imagine it would feel pretty good if you hold Independence Hall and wipe with Franklin.

Well wouldn't you know I was holding it wrong, much better now.  Thanks!   

wouldn't this really be an issue when it comes to the ability of a material matter to transmit a signal or conduct a signal that is of electrical properties?

doesn't gold conduct a signal better than steel or metal and don't we use silver in CPU's due to the abilities to conduct the signals of the unit?

I'm not of ANY scientific background but water also conducts eletricity/signal as well.

???????

True audiophiles submerge all their audio equipment in a single water tank. $10,000 ethernet cables are for wannabes. 

• Like 1

timster, on 13 Feb 2015 - 21:09, said:

I know, right? Canadian bills are plastic!

And we get the polymer from Australia, but banknotes like these have been around on & off since the 1980s, it's only recently that we got them here in Canada!

This is geared towards audiophiles. They're used to buying super expensive stuff for the 'best sound quality possible'.

True Audiophiles know this makes no difference. True audiophiles are analogue all the way man!

• Like 2

chrisj1968, on 13 Feb 2015 - 22:06, said:

???????

This phase of using gold and silver connectors started decades ago with anolog signals. Yes slightly less conducise metals would degrade the sound waves via resistance. Some would pick up interference and buzz (noise) from other cables near bye and act like an antenna.

Here is the kicker? In lab tests under precise equipment you can see differences in waves. The human ear can not distinguish. So rich Hollywood yuppies liked to show off how snobby and rich they were from buying them not realizing it would make no difference in the old days.

Fastward today with digial ... It is either a 0 or a 1! No loss. The 1s and 0s hit the target or they don't. No gradual loss at all.

BestBuy should have been fined by the FTC for the illegal Monster HDMI cables. They got $10 cables sprinkled gold paint and sold them for $100 with a TV with a fake fuzzy picture and LIED to the public who still remembered analog 1960s cable connectors which were analog.

So no Ethernet is digital and they are committing fraud by having arrows for signal directions. That is not how Ethernet works! There are 5 connections and they are all digital and bi-directional.

• Like 1

This is geared towards audiophiles. They're used to buying super expensive stuff for the 'best sound quality possible'.

Incorrect, true 'audiophiles' (god I hate that word) would never spend that kind of money as solid gold core cables are cheaper :p
  • Like 2

I bought 10 of these and my datacenter throughput SKYROCKETED and I never have any file server issues, data loss, and also I have 10 hot guys make me gourmet food every meal and I got a free bentley!

Was your datacenter able to answer the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything using those cables?

• Like 3

Was your datacenter able to answer the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything using those cables?

yes!