Server 2012 Essentials R2 (Restoring Storage spaces from backup)

I want to reconfigure storage spaces. I started with a three way mirror, 6 disk pool. I want to reconfigure the pool with a 2 way mirror or possibly parity. All the HD's are fine, I just want to test the performance of each scenario and then settle on the 2 way or the parity. It is a production server with 4 clients PC's and a 2 XP's that have access to Drive "P:" as the SP.

It's Just one storage space setup as drive P:. 

It seems like it will not be too much of a problem if P: is restored to P: but I am wondering if there is anything I should be worried about. Has anyone gone through the restore process successfully?

TLDR.

1 storeage space setup as drive P: with all the shared 2012 essentials folders. Company, folder redirection, shares, client backups, etc...

Delete storage space.

Recreate storage space as drive P: using 2-way mirror VS. 3-way.

Restore all the folders (shares, permissions) from Backup

Have no issues with clients seeing the restored (albit new SP) when they come online later. 

Many thanks,

Giving more thought to it, I believe that using the task "Move the folder" is a better choice.  Probably better to use the built in wizard to move the folders off of Storage Spaces onto a temp drive. Rebuild SS and then move them back.