Windows Vista time of day patent

I am creating this because I wanted to share this information with other members; the goal is to raise awareness.

Naturally, companies file patents related to ideas, inventions, and et cetera. At first glance, one may find it odd to create a topic about patents, but patents themselves can be invaluable resources for information by providing insight into the history and design process of a product or feature. Microsoft is no exception and of particular interest to me is a patent filed during the Windows Vista era for the operating system's Windows Aero interface; this patent was filed on November 30, 2005, a year before the general business availability of the operating system.

This patent, titled "Dynamic reflective highlighting of a glass appearance window frame," describes a method to change the appearance of an operating system's interface

post-483058-0-53007400-1424123866.png

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

I hate patents across the board. I don't care who you are or how wonderful your idea is, patents stifle innovation. I know this was before the time of open-sourcing and it's certainly an awesome nonetheless.

On 2/16/2015, 2:03:44, Ian W said:

the goal is to raise awareness

awareness of what?