Post the health of your most abused SSD drive.

I can't live without SSD anymore and when I checked my 2 SSD on main PC I realized that one of them had an earlier firmware version. So I tried with the little app which didn't detect any SSD, then I downloaded the bootable ISO which didn't detect either. It was suggested to change from RAID to AHCI temporarily to try it (when you go back to RAID everything is back to normal, you don't lose any data). It wasn't detected in AHCI, then I tried IDE, didn't work.

I decided to remove the SSD from the pc and plug it in on my laptop via usb port (the laptop also has an ssd in it). Didn't work too. I have a 3rd computer in the living room used as media player and this one also has an SSD in it (I told you I can't live without SSD). I plugged the SSD via sata cable and decided to boot with the dvd containing the firmware update in it and it was a success. Put back the SSD on the main pc and set it back to RAID and everything is back to normal :D

0XQevfV.jpgbOr9fXy.jpg

These are not the fastest SSD in industry, but I bought the 1st SSD 1 year ago and the best option for me to go to close to 1TB was to buy a 2nd SSD and set it in RAID 0.

Impressive.

I currently have a 640GB HDD in my laptop and I think I will probably replace it with a 500GB SSD. It really needs that performance boost...

Cheapest I can find is CT500BX100SSD1 at about 180.

My PC is different as I do a lot of VMing so I would start looking at 1TB at least. On the 1TB I see the Samsung 840 EVO for 385

post-53177-0-25286800-1425162584.png

I have three of these, two on the laptops and one on Media Center PC which also has four 4TB HDD drives in it. I always get the 128 GB version, 64 would be too small for Windows and programs I use and 256GB would be too big. Games and Media is fine on HDD IMO.

Judging from this thread, 2024 is going to be the year of the SSD death!

I don't know how SSDLife is coming up with this date, but I highly doubt this is accurate

• 5 months later...

Honestly I was hoping for 100% but I guess I can live with 96%. Is that average for an SSD that's 2.5 years old? Not sure why it says 2 years and 5 days. I bought this in Q1 of 2013 I think.

SSDLife.png