Am I the only one who didn't know this?

That's exactly what I said.

WSJ

Slate

This has been known since I believe 2012.  This was just a quick search on Google.  Absolutely astounding the success when one company with a tiny market share percentage can have such huge profits.

Is this just desktop or laptop and desktop?

Like I said before, it was regarding desktop market share.

That is crazy.. Might be best to get a phone off Craigslist if you are having issues with your current device. My biggest problem with Android was all the bloat, so when I made roms I would remove all of it.. You can probably find all the bloat that is safe to remove from your phone on XDA..

I know about bloat... I rooted my phone for that reason. I removed them off or freeze them.  No problems so far. I have no problems with the phone itself but I was talking about cellular monthly rate... I wish they grandfather my plan over to the new phone... Oh well.

You could, but it would only add subtract multiply and divide.. and was made by Atari..

So, it's a fancy calculator then. :p

My point was that the Macs of today are not the same price they were in 1989. I did a quick search for the prices of a Mac in 1989 and the ones coming out around that time were retailing anywhere from $2,500 to $6,000. Yeah, in 2015, you can spec out a Mac to drive the price up to that range, but you can certainly score a new Mac for well below the $2,500.

So, it's a fancy calculator then. :p

My point was that the Macs of today are not the same price they were in 1989. I did a quick search for the prices of a Mac in 1989 and the ones coming out around that time were retailing anywhere from $2,500 to $6,000. Yeah, in 2015, you can spec out a Mac to drive the price up to that range, but you can certainly score a new Mac for well below the $2,500.

That's sort of cherry picking. You're probably not going to get a break down of just desktops because Apple only reports Mac sales as a whole (Macbook Air, Macbook Pro, iMac, etc.).

Ya, but my original commit was just about 3.5 desktop market share nothing else. I never brought sales\profits into the discussion. The other 2 did and they keep bringing up the company as a whole or the whole mac line and how it makes more money than all the pc manufactures combine.

I know apple laptops are pretty successful, heck on my fourth one and owned one since IBM G5 CPUS.  But my original commit was towards the desktop line of macs.

Though the iPad line is still selling pretty well by most companies' standards, it has now been a full year since it posted year-over-year growth in unit sales, and its 17.74 percent drop in unit sales from last year is the largest year-over-year decrease that we've seen so far.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2015/01/apples-q1-2015-ridiculously-high-iphone-sales-18-drop-in-ipad-sales/

... I think people are moving to their larger phone. I think everyone who wanted a tablet has one. Personally I think the tablet was a fad.

:rolleyes:

Didn't know I could pick up a computer in 1989 for $500. 

What Mac can you buy for $500?