Gran Turismo 4 on pc?

this might not help much, but here is a piece

it basically says that GT3 won't come out on pc, but GT4 been confirmed by Polyphony Digital that it also will be out on PC.

post-78-1071805336.jpg

I don't really see the difference if you can hook up a TV to your computer, if you have a PS2 controller USB adapter or a steering wheel. But it's quite a hassel lol.

i HIGHLY doubt it.

GT is a game that sell PS2s..i highly doubt sony will release it on pc

Yeah but PC and Consoles are a totally different market, if enough people have moaned about GT to be on PC then im sure they are going to take note.

Dont really care, driving games suck on pc

Thats why you use one of the many high quality PC Steering Wheels compared to the crap selection the PS2 has, i had one that had a dead center, you turned it a bit and nothing happened, turned it mroe and it turned really fast, and that was the steering wheel officially supported by Sony for GT3

I'm sure I remember hearing about this ages ago, but nothing has been mentioned since.

It would run really well on most PCs too, because most/all of it's looks are just from using tricks, eg the reflections aren't real-time, they're precalculated.

I don't really see the difference if you can hook up a TV to your computer, if you have a PS2 controller USB adapter or a steering wheel. But it's quite a hassel lol.

why would you play games on tv

monitor looks so much better

LoL !!!!!!! Ahh you'll never see gt4 on a pc or any other GT game ( officialy ), its a ps2 seller. Sony would not give this gem up in a hurry, it sold loads of ps2 when they had the offical gt3 ps2 pack, and if you sell loads of ps2's through this game then the people who buy the GT game might buy other games and make more money. If sony had there way there way they'd have the gta and metal gear games exclusive to there platfor for a long time.

Some games just sell hardware and this is one

wow at them screenshots, they look really awesome, id love it to be on PC but i doubt a wide spectrum of PCs would be able to run it..

Might be worth investing in another PS2 with it comes out like i did for GT3 :D

LoL !!!!!!! Ahh you'll never see gt4 on a pc or any other GT game ( officialy ), its a ps2 seller. Sony would not give this gem up in a hurry, it sold loads of ps2 when they had the offical gt3 ps2 pack, and if you sell loads of ps2's through this game then the people who buy the GT game might buy other games and make more money. If sony had there way there way they'd have the gta and metal gear games exclusive to there platfor for a long time.

Some games just sell hardware and this is one

Like I said, when it was originally announced, they did infact mention a PC release.

wow at them screenshots, they look really awesome, id love it to be on PC but i doubt a wide spectrum of PCs would be able to run it..

Might be worth investing in another PS2 with it comes out like i did for GT3 :D

They are extremely touched up, and like I said before, most of the effects are "faked"

The reflections are not realtime, (which is a huge performance hit) the cars are relatively low poly (possible because there is no visible damage) and the texturing is designed to fit into the ps2's tiny ammount of memory.

However, because Polyphony digital are comprised mainly of ex sega and namco developers, they know how to push hardware, and have excellent art teams.

Project gotham racing 2 is doing a whole lot more technically (real-time reflections/shadowing/lighting/damage etc) but at times doesn't even look as good (and at others looks much better, especially as it is using FSAA)

Here's some PGR2 (xbox only, ingame) screens:

sim-pgr2-0008.jpg

Testarossa9.jpg

sim-pgr2-0012.jpg

pgr2a_100803_04.jpg

sim-pgr2-0011.jpg

pgr2_100803_03.jpg

sim-pgr2-0005.jpg

ContinentalGT3.jpg

sim-pgr2-0009.jpg

I'd love to see what polyphony digital would be able to do with the xbox!

Note: PGR2 has 102 licensed cars (and more to come via xbox live downloads) 10 Real-world cities accurately modeled, with licensed storefronts! :o

All cars are able to recieve visible damage (doesn't affect the performance though)