Violent confrontation between 2 teen girls, police officer caught on video

I meant each shot twice

:rofl: sorry, culture differences...

i was thinking that it was possibly sexual.   

(you know -   something only warwagon sense of humor will come up with in this situation :shiftyninja:)

but yeah, double tapping 2 teenage girls is still warwagonesque enough    :p

so we are all good.  nevermind everyone, you can go home now.

I am 45 which means I was a teenager in the early to mid 1980's (in the US). What events are you talking about? There was a lot of protests in the 1960's and into the 1970's... Which involved college kids and not really high school aged teens and I was barely born yet. You are either confused or have false memories. 

I agree ADULTS today don't question anything anymore...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Summit_of_the_Americas

I was not that young (24 at university) but there was other events before at Saint-Jean Baptiste day.

Police here changed the way they deal with such events to avoid losing control. They are less confrontational.

There's was the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Quebec_student_protests''>Printemps

Hmm several mentions of the unruly Girls but no one seems to have said diddly about the person recording the incident that could have gone and assisted the officer or this persons apparent lack of care towards the officer being assaulted...

You mean the endless stories of cops shooting and killing (sometimes unjustified) suspects (sometimes just traffic stops) that almost always seem to be black, that are many times also teens? Your generalized blanket statement was referring to that?

No one is defending the actions of the teens here... I pointed out in my previous comment this would be a good video for training of US cops. The female office accessed the situation, realized there was no threat to herself, and she had backup so no deadly force was used.

You seem to of completely lost the tone in my statement that was making it a sarcastic remark...

• Like 1

Hmm several mentions of the unruly Girls but no one seems to have said diddly about the person recording the incident that could have gone and assisted the officer or this persons apparent lack of care towards the officer being assaulted...

interference in police affairs buddy.

good chance to get pepper sprayed yourself due to misunderstanding.   you also could have hurt the girls, with no legal system backing you!

usually NOT a good idea to interfere with police work, especially against 2 teenage girls.

maybe if the officer was laying on the floor motionless and the girls were kicking her, i would consider it, but otherwise, it looked like she was capable to deal with it herself just fine.

• Like 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Summit_of_the_Americas

I was not that young (24 at university) but there was other events before at Saint-Jean Baptiste day.

Police here changed the way they deal with such events to avoid losing control. They are less confrontational.

There's was the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Quebec_student_protests''>Printemps

While I agree.. in this case the video will be a great piece of evidence against the girls.  Sadly youtube views are way more important than actually helping someone... 

If you guys think those two girls are "violent", I invite you to visit any UK town on a Friday night/Saturday morning, around about the time the nightclubs close...

If you guys think those two girls are "violent", I invite you to visit any UK town on a Friday night/Saturday morning, around about the time the nightclubs close...

i was in big market in newcastle many times.   if it was not for my geordie friends who grew up there,

and knew how to handle violent situations peacefully (after going there at teenagers themselves for years, and being in 100s of fights),

i would have being beaten up every time, and about half of those times, by teenage girls... :rofl:

i was in big market in newcastle many times.   if it was not for my geordie friends who grew up there, and knew how to handle violent situations peacefully

(after going there at teenagers themselves for years, and being in 100s of fights),

i would have being beaten up every time, and about half of those times, by teenage girls... :rofl:

If we had the gun laws the US does, every weekend in the UK would be a bloodbath...

(Of course, saying that, it's ONLY around the nightclubs, at closing time. Bunch of drunken morons everywhere...)

• Like 1

after living in a rougher area of north of england i have seen teenage girls more vicious and aggressive then grown men.  

What city/town in the UK was it?

But the police officer did the right thing by not firing first and asking question after the girls were dead like we see way too much in america these days.

There, I've fixed that for you, because cops killing people in Canada is rare, but I admit it does happen, but like I said, it's rare.

newcastle and northumberland, basically very north.

Any specific places in those two areas, I'm planning on visiting the UK, and plan on not doing all the tourist stuff?

Any specific places in those two areas, I'm planning on visiting the UK, and plan on not doing all the tourist stuff?

i don't think it is an issue in Newcastle, since it has changed A LOT since i was there, and now a popular tourist destination.  i was there 2000.  LOTS has changed.

so you will be fine.    however, in smaller cities, try to actually stick to popular areas.  or stick to big cities only.

are you going by yourself?  alone?  in a group it might not be a big issue, as i am sure you are not going to look for shabby local pubs and stick to more interesting central entertainment, wherever you go.

all the things i encountered, were because I lived there for 5 years, not because i traveled through it.  so i saw it though local eyes,  while barely speaking english... LOL

You mean the endless stories of cops shooting and killing (sometimes unjustified) suspects (sometimes just traffic stops) that almost always seem to be black, that are many times also teens? Your generalized blanket statement was referring to that?

No one is defending the actions of the teens here... I pointed out in my previous comment this would be a good video for training of US cops. The female office accessed the situation, realized there was no threat to herself, and she had backup so no deadly force was used.

This. Non-lethal force should always be the preferred method. Even the act of an officer drawing a weapon can escalate a situation.

• Like 1

i don't think it is an issue in Newcastle, since it has changed A LOT since i was there, and now a popular tourist destination.  i was there 2000.  LOTS has changed.

so you will be fine.    however, in smaller cities, try to actually stick to popular areas.  or stick to big cities only.

are you going by yourself?  alone?  in a group it might not be a big issue, as i am sure you are not going to look for shabby local pubs and stick to more interesting central entertainment, wherever you go.

all the things i encountered, were because I lived there for 5 years, not because i traveled through it.  so i saw it though local eyes,  while barely speaking english... LOL

I'm multi-ethnic, so I tend to be left alone a lot, so I can sometimes go through places other people may or may not have a problem in.

Like I said, I don't want to do the tourist stuff...well, except for London, because hey, it's London!  I've been to dive bars before, here in Canada, they tend to be better than the mainstream ones.

I'd be going by myself.

I'm from Canada, so I speak English, although they may have a problem with my accent, but I have no idea how Canadian English sounds to people from other countries.  I have been told I sound american, although I don't know why that is...granted it's a stupid thing to say to a Canadian! 

I'm multi-ethnic, so I tend to be left alone a lot, so I can sometimes go through places other people may or may not have a problem in.

Like I said, I don't want to do the tourist stuff...well, except for London, because hey, it's London!  I've been to dive bars before, here in Canada, they tend to be better than the mainstream ones.

I'd be going by myself.

I'm from Canada, so I speak English, although they may have a problem with my accent, but I have no idea how Canadian English sounds to people from other countries.  I have been told I sound american, although I don't know why that is...granted it's a stupid thing to say to a Canadian! 

Just start with "I am from Canada"   and you will be fine.    But don't look for confrontations, and always back down if you are by yourself.   Also, while i am certain nothing will happen, it is a good idea to not keep all your cards/cash in one wallet.

always separate them, so you have more then one place to get money, if one other place is lost.

Also, while I am certain nothing will happen, it is a good idea to not keep all your cards/cash in one wallet.  Always separate them, so you have more then one place to get money, if one other place is lost.

That's what Tilley Endurables are for.

Canadian accents tend to sound like a soft American accent, at times somewhat similar to Irish accents. It varies regionally but I can tend to distinguish between Canadian and American accents; same with New Zealand and Australia, which I think is a bit harder to tell apart.

As long as you're not hanging around near bars or nightclubs at weekends closing time, you'll be absolutely fine.  Even then, just stick to a group of other people and you'll have a good time.  Problems aren't exactly constant, but when they do flare up, they're usually loud and unpleasant...  Our cops are pretty good at handling it though.

• Like 1

I know this will sound sexist but this wouldn't have happened if the police officer was a man. IMO women are more prone to dialogue than brute force. In this situation it could have ended worse than it actually did.

Canadian accents tend to sound like a soft American accent, at times somewhat similar to Irish accents. It varies regionally but I can tend to distinguish between Canadian and American accents; same with New Zealand and Australia, which I think is a bit harder to tell apart.

I initially grew up in Quebec, lived in southwestern Quebec for a number of years, and since it was so close to the Canadian/american & Quebec/New York border, we tended to go to Malone, NY a lot, plus watching a lot of Canadian & american TV -- although the latter was only at night on a colour TV in the living room -- I had a B&W in my room, so that was a lot of Canadian shows unless I turned on PBS where incidentally I ended up discovering "Doctor Who" in the late 1970s.

So, as you can tell, my accent will be all over the place, I once had a friend who lived in Michigan who said I sounded like I lived there.

As long as you're not hanging around near bars or nightclubs at weekends closing time, you'll be absolutely fine.  Even then, just stick to a group of other people and you'll have a good time.  Problems aren't exactly constant, but when they do flare up, they're usually loud and unpleasant...  Our cops are pretty good at handling it though.

As I said, I'll be by myself in the UK.