Violent confrontation between 2 teen girls, police officer caught on video

I initially grew up in Quebec, lived in southwestern Quebec for a number of years, and since it was so close to the Canadian/american & Quebec/New York border, we tended to go to Malone, NY a lot, plus watching a lot of Canadian & american TV -- although the latter was only at night on a colour TV in the living room -- I had a B&W in my room, so that was a lot of Canadian shows unless I turned on PBS where incidentally I ended up discovering "Doctor Who" in the late 1970s.

So, as you can tell, my accent will be all over the place, I once had a friend who lived in Michigan who said I sounded like I lived there.

Yeah, I can imagine there's a lot of crossover. I've got some friends from Saskatchewan and I consider their accents to be what I regard as typical Canadian.

Isn't this what a Taser is for?

They aren't reliably effective. Some people will pull out the barbs and keep on coming. Winter coats, layered clothes, or medium to thick leather will prevent the barbs from getting through at all.

Yeah, I can imagine there's a lot of crossover. I've got some friends from Saskatchewan and I consider their accents to be what I regard as typical Canadian.

I also have a friend there who lives in the 'toon, but is from Regina, however, he doesn't seem to have an accent, sounds normal in regards to all the places I've lived in Canada except for Quebec for obvious reasons.

You go out to a pub or club in the UK, you're not staying by yourself for very long. ;)

If you're talking about women, who've never wanted a thing to do with me in this country, because I've been trying to get a first date for 30 of my 40 years, I guarantee you 1000010% that women in other countries don't want me either, nor do I want them, because I don't want to lose my virginity to a one night stand.

Canadian accents tend to sound like a soft American accent, at times somewhat similar to Irish accents. It varies regionally but I can tend to distinguish between Canadian and American accents; same with New Zealand and Australia, which I think is a bit harder to tell apart.

I couldn't tell the difference between my accent (Canadian) and American or Australian and Kiwi until I moved to Australia. Now I can tell the difference between all 4 very easily and I've been mistaken for Irish 3 damn times. I personally don't hear Irish at all.

If you're talking about women, who've never wanted a thing to do with me in this country, because I've been trying to get a first date for 30 of my 40 years, I guarantee you 1000010% that women in other countries don't want me either, nor do I want them, because I don't want to lose my virginity to a one night stand.

Who mentioned sex? You'll just find yourself in a group of folks who'll suck you in and chat (well, shout) to you, especially once they find out you're Canadian, and then probably invite you for a kebab or burger after the club shuts.

I couldn't tell the difference between my accent (Canadian) and American or Australian and Kiwi until I moved to Australia. Now I can tell the difference between all 4 very easily and I've been mistaken for Irish 3 damn times. I personally don't hear Irish at all.

You can't tell the difference between your accent and others because we don't hear our own accents, but have no problem hearing other's accents.

Who mentioned sex? You'll just find yourself in a group of folks who'll suck you in and chat (well, shout) to you, especially once they find out you're Canadian, and then probably invite you for a kebab or burger after the club shuts.

I don't go to clubs, never been to one in my life. And if I do go to a pub, it's just in to get one or two drinks then leave.