NVidia block mobile overclocking info.

Neowin decided to blog about this and then negative clueless morons decided to comments. Their comments are useless, don't contribute anything to the discussion other than to show how ignorant they are.

#1 idiotic comments t is burning or melting. Any person who knows anything about OC knows Intel AMD and NVidia has had thermal throttling for years now. You can't melt a Maxwell GPU, it will throttle or shutdown before any damage can be done. Damage is done by overvolting, which is not the same as overclocking. Voltage is locked on mobile GPU and no one ever recommends touching it in vbios, except to undervolt.

Just wanted to express my view on this. Not all laptops are the same. Not all laptops focus in thin light and battery life. Some are for performance and weight and battery life are secondary and after thought. What is point of that? Its a mobile desktop that takes up less room. Myself I used it at work and home back and forth. Still portable.

The folks who are upset are using machines that are made for high end hardware. The GTX 980m is 80% of 980m and with OC rivals GTX 970 since 980m has same memory controller config as the 980 and 8gb of ram. Machine I have with 980m uses a desktop i7 4790K, arguable best i7 that is not a Haswell-E or extreme version.

These machines are designed for easy access to hardware and maintenance. It takes seconds to gain access to the heatsinks. It takes a few minutes to unscrew heatsink and be able to upgrade a CPU as well.

So please, keep your ignorant comments t to yourself unless you've tested one of these marvelous machines or owned/used one. None of care that your thin light HP overheats. We are using laptops that play BF4 at ultra 80 fps with max temp of 64c and it ddoesn't thermal throttle until 87-92c.