367 mph school bus

i am surprised the bus did not fall apart at this sleep.     the air pressure at such sleep, and the shape of it.    

it might last 1 short trip to this speed ok, but i would not want to be inside it, if it is tried more then once

Just because it shares the same exterior characteristics of a school bus, don't believe that it still has the same interior of a school bus.  Much like a Stock Car does not resemble anything, interior wise, to it's street counter part.  A nascar camry is not the same camry that you would buy at a toyota dealership, the roof lines maybe the same...everything else is not.

This is quite old, but yeah, I would not want to be in a school bus doing any faster than 45. Hell the times we went on field trips, they were uncomfortable. The suspensions on these buses aren't the best, so you're bouncing up and down driving through the highway. I'm sure this bus is heavily modified engine, body/suspension, etc.

• 1 year later...

There have been quite a few variations of jet-powered busses (not always school busses) on tour around North America - there are at least two TRANSIT BUSSES with similar drivetrains also on tour.

The chassis (not the body) is quite standard - it is a Freightliner FS-65 with safety modifications for the drivetrain.  (The FS-65 is, in fact, a chassis built specifically for school and activity-bus use, and only for fellow-Freightliner subsidiary Thomas Bus Bodies of High Point, NC. Once Freightliner retired the FS-65, Thomas moved entirely to body-on-chassis construction for school and activity busses.)

Just now, PGHammer said:

There have been quite a few variations of jet-powered busses (not always school busses) on tour around North America - there are at least two TRANSIT BUSSES with similar drivetrains also on tour.

The chassis (not the body) is quite standard - it is a Freightliner FS-65 with safety modifications for the drivetrain.  (The FS-65 is, in fact, a chassis built specifically for school and activity-bus use, and only for fellow-Freightliner subsidiary Thomas Bus Bodies of High Point, NC. Once Freightliner retired the FS-65, Thomas moved entirely to body-on-chassis construction for school and activity busses.)

15 month old thread dude

• Like 2

Well school districts would go bankrupt just by the costs of the JP4! :D 

JP-4 would not ignite the mixture. JP-4 froze at −76 °F (−60 °C), and its maximum burning temperature was 6,670 °F (3,688 °C)

• Like 1