Adobe Acrobat, any experts? Forms (how to make uneditable once emailed)

Question

Hi, we use Acrobat fairly often, but we are certainly not trained to use it in any way beyond the most rudimentary of uses.

I have fiddled with and added "forms" (for a template pdf) that we plan to use once we get it all figured out. Essentially we want to be able to use the forms ourselves, but then once we send that pdf to a customer, we want them to see/have it in an "uneditable" version (similar to what one sees in the print preview or the actual hard copy once it prints, with none of the form "menus and appearance" visible to whomever we email the copy to. We also do not want to mess with sending a certified copy or any of that due to the extra steps involved. I messed with functions in setting up the forms, but making them "uneditble" or "invisible" or any of those options disallowed ME to even edit them.... so I am sort of at a loss right now. Any help would be appreciated, as this is really a side-project to improve efficency and not my "job" per-se, any assistance in expediting matters is welcome.

Thanks

research pdf.pdf

4 answers to this question

I don't use Acrobat myself but here's how you can flatten forms in Acrobat X, it may lead you to your solution....flattening the form basically takes away the form fields and replaces them with the data as a regular item.

Awesome, thanks, I've heard mention of this "flattening" deal and will see if it does what we need and update.