GT6 B-Spec Mode Revealed in New Game Screenshots

More so impressed that PD are still slogging away and updating GT6 with more content/cars/tracks.

Indeed; I read earlier too that they're also adding another free track in a future update, and it's one of GT's best. :Dhttp://www.gtplanet.net/midfield-raceway-coming-to-gran-turismo-6/

I've been out of the series for a while, but I hadn't considered the idea that B-Spec could be useful for something like an endurance race. I always stayed away from the mode because it wasn't as entertaining as having control of the cars.

I still think I'm going to hold off on getting GT6. GT5 was a bit of a let down for me. :(

I've been out of the series for a while, but I hadn't considered the idea that B-Spec could be useful for something like an endurance race. I always stayed away from the mode because it wasn't as entertaining as having control of the cars.

I still think I'm going to hold off on getting GT6. GT5 was a bit of a let down for me. :(

Exactly. One thing sums up B-Spec, and that is Bleurgh! B-Spec was what killed it for me in GT5. Having to painfully watch your driver limping round the track like an old biddy, or being first until the last lap, then he'd crash and wait for everyone else to drive past like he's sat at a junction! No thanks, not after having to wait over 6 years for the last abomination. Once I completed A Spec in GT5 I got rid of it.

Forza Motorsport 1 got it perfectly right. You actually drove round the track, training your driver so he'd drive like you did. Not Polyphony's agonising idea. I've had less painful diarrhoea!

Exactly. One thing sums up B-Spec, and that is Bleurgh! B-Spec was what killed it for me in GT5. Having to painfully watch your driver limping round the track like an old biddy, or being first until the last lap, then he'd crash and wait for everyone else to drive past like he's sat at a junction! No thanks, not after having to wait over 6 years for the last abomination. Once I completed A Spec in GT5 I got rid of it.

Forza Motorsport 1 got it perfectly right. You actually drove round the track, training your driver so he'd drive like you did. Not Polyphony's agonising idea. I've had less painful diarrhoea!

Not to weigh in on how fun it is, but it's suppose to be there for an option to "play" GT away from the actual console. On a mobile, or a PC. Kind of like a sim game such as Football Manager vs playing FIFA.

Not to weigh in on how fun it is, but it's suppose to be there for an option to "play" GT away from the actual console. On a mobile, or a PC. Kind of like a sim game such as Football Manager vs playing FIFA.

If its posible to direct the driver from a mobile device then that might make it a little more fun. Are the bspec bobs being paid a pittance for completing a race or will the payout be the same as Aspec races?

If its posible to direct the driver from a mobile device then that might make it a little more fun. Are the bspec bobs being paid a pittance for completing a race or will the payout be the same as Aspec races?

It was with GT5, don't own GT6 myself.

IIRC payout is similar to A-Spec depending on the event (amateur events will pay lowest). MJ will know better, he's NW's car gaming guru.

• Like 1

MJ will know better, he's NW's car gaming guru.

1234.png

I've been playing the PS Vita version of Ridge Racer recently; not exactly the sign of a racing game guru. :laugh:

I've been busy today, so I'll try it out in a little bit and report back.

Alrighty, just did the 24 Minutes of Le Mans event in B-Spec. There's some extra commands this time around; holding R1 brings up a list of realtime commands you can implement. There's overtake, slipstream, switch "lanes" (which didn't really seem to work for me there, but it's working better on the NASCAR race I'm doing right now) and even accelerate and brake, so you can make it a semi-automatic race if you want - AI controls steering and you control speed.

If its posible to direct the driver from a mobile device then that might make it a little more fun.

As far as I can tell, no; don't see any mention of Remote Races or Gran Turismo Anywhere, like with GT5, so I guess it's console-only here.

Are the bspec bobs being paid a pittance for completing a race or will the payout be the same as Aspec races?

They're paid exactly the same as A-Spec races; B-Spec's been added into all the Career Mode races, so no need for any extra grinding to 100% the game again.

Alrighty, just did the 24 Minutes of Le Mans event in B-Spec. There's some extra commands this time around; holding R1 brings up a list of realtime commands you can implement. There's overtake, slipstream, switch "lanes" (which didn't really seem to work for me there, but it's working better on the NASCAR race I'm doing right now) and even accelerate and brake, so you can make it a semi-automatic race if you want - AI controls steering and you control speed.

As far as I can tell, no; don't see any mention of Remote Races or Gran Turismo Anywhere, like with GT5, so I guess it's console-only here.

They're paid exactly the same as A-Spec races; B-Spec's been added into all the Career Mode races, so no need for any extra grinding to 100% the game again.

good to know that pay outs are the same, now if only there was an option to send your driver into the cloud so you did not have to baby sit your console for the whole duration of the race.

so you could continue to play the other races or other games if you wanted.