So I added some parts to my car ---- SPIKES !

Its the little needles on new tires - the ice just stuck to it like that -- wish it was a permanent fixture though... Its a G37

Don't all tyres have those little bits that stick out?

Yes they do - its just that it iced over here in Texas and I noticed all the little rubber needles were little ice spikes - thought it was cool

wtf?    they look funny.    what do they do?  or are they for decoration?

when people get too close - or wont let me over - I pull up next to them - hit the "Extend 1337 Spikes" button - they stick out and shred the car next to me... :D

• Like 1

It did what now?  I knew America was having a cold time of it right now but Texas????   :o

Local news made it sound like it was Ice-Apocalypse - but we got about 1" of sleet last night -- snow on Wednesday - 

We will get something like this about once every 2 years. - and in 5 days it will be 70...welcome to Texas 

• Like 1

It did what now?  I knew America was having a cold time of it right now but Texas????   :o

Texas had snow now, then next year, California may get snow, etc..     You can not expect Southern states never get snow at all.  

Long time ago... in the 70's, here we had -20 cold weather... it was extreme cold...  Now, the cold is not bad here. I used to wear heavy jacket in the 70's/80s but now, nope.

in the last few years, we have not been in below zero.  In 90's, we had heavy snow that went up to 16 inches and I was off from work for a week because of that.

California had snow about 3 years ago. It was over 20"... I can't remember exactly how much snow they had.

You never know what you expect in your area. You can not expect same weather for the rest of your time.

I'm in Texas, and it got pretty bad out. The locals here say we could get up to three inches tonight. :/

I'm in Texas, and it got pretty bad out. The locals here say we could get up to three inches tonight. :/

Yep, Im hearing the same thing.  Starting around 3:00am - but then it will hit 45 & melt - then Friday - more snow !!   gotta love it

Where are you ?  San Angelo ?

0912tr_27%2B2009_chevy_silverado_3500_bu

I have seen two cars at least with these. I am dead serious and it is honestly scary.

Yes, I saw a very large dualie 4x4 with these on it -  And of course the 5'6" guy who hopped out...

I wouldn't say it was "scary" - 

• 4 weeks later...

Nice. I was just in Texas (Dallas) last weekend. First time I've ever been to Texas. Weather was in the 60's cloudy/rain. I've actually started to park my car outside, am dealing with frost in upstate NY :( Need to fix the damn garage door. 

Lol  :laugh:   The last time it snowed here was '89 this is the reason I moved from central illinois to Florida ... warm winters and no snow!!

I'll take snow over hurricanes any day of the week :p