Facebook flags aboriginal names as not 'authentic'

First off, calling it "Real names" is a bit of a stretch as they (Facebook) have actively said they want people to use not necessarily their real names, but the names they are known by. This means it'll be almost impossible to create an algorithm accurate enough to keep this in check, especially as "names you're known by" could be absolutely anything.

I have a fair few mates who were active in the punk rock scene of the late 70's early 80's, and trust me, they have some odd names, some are deed polled some aren't, doesn't matter to Facebook though, they've been flagging these like a good'un and if you can't prove it's your real name (which most can't because it's there stage name, even though Facebook states that's fine, themselves) then you're out of there.

and a grown up non 4chan response...

DO NOT FORGET that there are people are from movies, bands, strip clubs, etc that they use stage name instead of real name..  

For example, David Copperfield, Vanilla Ice, etc.

I know people are on FB that they use their stage name instead of real ones.  Who cares.

If I work for FB, I don't give a damn if you are using a stage name or not.

DO NOT FORGET that there are people are from movies, bands, strip clubs, etc that they use stage name instead of real name..  

For example, David Copperfield, Vanilla Ice, etc.

I know people are on FB that they use their stage name instead of real ones.  Who cares.

If I work for FB, I don't give a damn if you are using a stage name or not.

actually FB allows you to use the name you are known with, in the real world, not in online games and forums. and most of those use pages for their artist personalities and have locked down real name accounts for real friends and family.

not that that post was in any way relevant to your previous trolling.

actually FB allows you to use the name you are known with, in the real world, not in online games and forums. and most of those use pages for their artist personalities and have locked down real name accounts for real friends and family.

not that that post was in any way relevant to your previous trolling.

Doesn't matter WHERE you are known.   you can use stage name anywhere; here, 4chan, FB, etc.

Your real name are used on your license, birth certificate, any important documents such as passports, etc.

You said real name requirement...      it does not require you to use real name in FB..   You can use either stage or real name on FB.. it's your choice..  it's up to you.

I was not trolling...  I was laughing at you because you said 'real name requirement' ..  People can use stage name on their FB accounts..

Go sign up a new account with your 'make up' name and see for yourself .

names are only investigated after being reported by other users, multiple times.

either way FB's policy is to connect real people not forum personalities.